Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints - Post/request them in this thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

Hey, tanx for the hints Caoimhe .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Caoimhe, did anything about a holiday brochure type thing come up in your english paper? in irish what was the other question that came up about fiosracht mna?i hate that story with a passion!!Are cuirteanna filiochta, the different types of poetry like amhran gra and dan direach etc.?Spose you don't know what came up for a thig na tit orm?Joe can u help me with the french and maths please please!

Hey Camogie Playa...i'll give u a general thing...but be careful incase its a different paper! FRENCH HL: Comperhensions were easy enough2understand. Quest1:Cant remeber (a) coz i did (b) which was bout an accident/bad situation which hd a gud ending! Quest2: (a)A diary/(b)Letter bout applyin for a competition!Hard enough. Quest3: (a)Was bout pollution/(b)was bout publicty&young people. Quest4: I actually couldnt really understand!So ddnt do it! MATHS OL Paper1: It was doable...Quest1:Ratios,%error, Compound int. Quest2+3:Easy enough...Simultaneous Equ, division etc. Quest4:alright quest...argand diagram etc. Quest5:Difficult so i ddnt do! Quest6+7:Know how to graph functions! etc. Quest8: Very Easy...first principles etc.

Has anybogy got their BUSINESS done? Could anyone PLEASE PLEASE give me sum hints...I'm very very stressed out here?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

jo_u_know wrote:
    Hey, tanx for the hints Caoimhe .
    No probs, mocks create unnecessary stress on most people anyway...

• Advertisement

No, I had the same English P1 as Cremo (see above)
    Click here for notes on the cuirteanna
    - Scroll down to "the decline of Irish" and its the last paragraph in the section.
    Sorry, I didn't even look at any question but An Triail and I can't remember the other Fiosracht Mná question, sorry! Can anyone else remember?

Thanks it gives me something to settle down and learn!I spose no one here is doin ag science or biology or economics?any sorta hints?!Hardly, its kinda weird combination. The pres are so annoying, on the midterm at the mo and its hanging ova you, but ive done nothing yet!whoops, ah at least i can look forward to going out celebrating their finish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Caoimhe: it was a nice paper wasn't it? The Cladius question was sweet, and I'd just done a letter to Boland before christmas :) the unseen poetry was dead easy too. Only thing that threw me was the lack of Theme/Issue on the comparative, but I managed. Finishing mine tomorrow, art history and then art craft on wednesday, like it though so not too bad.

Anyone do an honours maths mock yet, and if so how'd you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Caoimhe, Edibility and Cremo
    i think ye all had the same english paper....it sounds v like what
    my teacher was hinting at last wk [my pres are next week :( ]
    would one of you mind please telling me the poetry questions especially wordsworth dickinson and eliot.
    Thanks i would really appreciate it! ;)

Jesus i feel so dirrty all this cheatin i'm goin straight to hell.......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'll post it up in the morning, that's if i get up, i'm off to bed now

• Advertisement

edibility wrote:
    Caoimhe: it was a nice paper wasn't it? The Cladius question was sweet, and I'd just done a letter to Boland before christmas :) the unseen poetry was dead easy too. Only thing that threw me was the lack of Theme/Issue on the comparative, but I managed. Finishing mine tomorrow, art history and then art craft on wednesday, like it though so not too bad.

Anyone do an honours maths mock yet, and if so how'd you find it?
    Maths was very managable I thought. One or two bits threw me though - Paper 1 algebra there was a 5un+2 + 4un+1 + un type of problem and I could not for the life of me find p and q. Most upsetting. Then in Paper 2 I almost forgot to do my option from Section B until about 15 mins were left but it was so bloody easy I ended up finishing it in under 5mins (huzzah for the probability option!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

okay my english paper 2:

i'm not gonna type out all the options as most people do hamlet for their single text (i'll type out hamlet and amongst women as i done amongst women for single text)

Single Text

AMONGST WOMEN

(i) "Michael Moran's relationship with his sons is a tumultuous one at best"

Write a response to this view of the novel, supporting the points you make by reference to the text.

OR

(ii) "In the novel, despite their desire for freedom, Moran's daughters can not free themselves from Great Meadow."

To what extent would you agree with the above view of the novel? Support your answer by reference to the text.

HAMLET

(i) "Although Claudius is an unscrpulous character, he does hav a conscience and is not entirely evil."

What do you think of this assessment of Claudius?? Support your points by reference to the play.

OR

(ii) "From its very first performance on stage, the play Hamlet has captivated audiences."

Consider the aspects of the play, Hamlet, which in your opinion have given rise to the play's popularity throughout the ages. Textual support may include reference to a particular performance you have seen of the play.

Comparative Study

THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT

1 "The general vision and viewpoint of texts often determine the nature of the reader's (or viewer's) response."

In light of the above statement, write an essay in which you describe how your response has been shaped by the general vision and viewpoint of at least two texts on your comparative course.

OR

2. (a) What did you like or dislike most about the treatment of the general vision and viewpoint in any one of the texts that you studied as part of your comparative course? Support your answer by reference to the text.

2. (b) Compare two other texts from your comparative course in the light of your answer to part (a) above. Support the comparisons you make by reference to the texts.

LITERARY GENRE

1 "Authors make deliverate decisions about how to present their narratives."

In the light of the above statementm write a comparative essay about the ways in which authors present their stories. Your essay should make clear comparisons between the texts your refer to.

OR

2 "The structure of a text is rooted in the techniques used by the author."

(a) compare two of the texts you have studied in your course in the light of the above statement. Support the comparisons you make by reference to the texts.

(b) Write a short comparative commentary on a third text from your studies in the light of your answer in part (a) above.

they really love the phrase "in light of"

POETRY

1. "Wordsworth's poetry has stood the test of time"

Write out the text of a short presentation you would make to your fellow students in response to the above title. Outline the aspects of William Wordsworth's poetry that appeal to the modern reader. Give reasons for your choice, supporting them by reference to the poems on your course.

2. Write a response to the poetry of Emily Dickenson on your course.

Support your points by reference to the poetry of Dickenson that you have studied.

3. Write an essay in which you otuline your reasons for valuing or not valuing the poetry of Seamus Heaney on your course.

Support the points you make by reference to the poetry of Heaney that you have studied.

4. Write a letter to Eavan Boland telling her how you responsded to some of her poems on your course.

Support the points you make by detailed reference to the poems you choose to write about.

That's it, hope it helps you.

Has anyone any hints on BIOLOGY, ECONOMICS,AG SCIENCE ?plz plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

cant remember alot on my bio paper,just....
    nitrogen cycle
    male reproductive system
    nephron in kidneys
    mitosis and meiosis
    nervous system
    ecology
    flowering plants
    food

hope that a bit of help...sry i not more helpful...jst that we had to hand up all our papers in every subject...

Thanx a mill soo sooo much!!I'd say we might have that paper, because our teacher kinda gave around those chaps to revise!At least itl sit me down to do something, cos ive had a whole week off and id say i managed to do about 8 hours study in total over the past week!!Jus cant wait for these horrible things to be over so we can go out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Fast_Mover wrote:
    nitrogen cycle
    male reproductive system
    nephron in kidneys
    mitosis and meiosis
    nervous system
    ecology
    flowering plants
    food

hope that a bit of help...sry i not more helpful...jst that we had to hand up all our papers in every subject...

Hey Fast Mover - was that Higher Level Biology?!

And big ups for posting both the English papers Cremo, thanks a million!!!

Fast_Mover wrote:
    nitrogen cycle
    male reproductive system
    nephron in kidneys
    mitosis and meiosis
    nervous system
    ecology
    flowering plants
    food

I got a completely different HL paper... Can't remember most of it but it was pretty much none of those things except ecology and Mitosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

hey, sounds like wat my teacher was hinting at caoimhe, any chance u cud tell me wat the other fiosracht mna question was about? and wat the poem questions were? as much as u can remember. really really worried bout irish paper 2 thanks

anyone got any geo hints for the mocks.

if u got rivers and coasts
    and a list of countries-divide into primary, secondary, tertiary?
    mapwork-reasons the town developed here,tourism and something about glaciation and rivers

then id say thats my paper, ok wat was question b on coasts?
    and how do u divide italy into those divisions, only done it as physical, social, economic.

please help, start monday incredibly skrewed!!!!!!!!!

hey, if u got enterprising characteristics, ad activitiers (prob in the ABQ)
    Q1- director of consumer affairs, employment equality act
    Q2-fiscal policy, and something about wat businesses should do for its stakeholders and community.
    human resourch management and monitoring the business

then id say u gotmy paper, any chance of telling me the third ABQ questions was? short questions? and topics from the other long questions.........

really really need help...........thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ennasta

Does anyone know exactly how many different mock papers there are. ive been told that there is only two. but ive been reading the different threads over the past few days and im wondering if there are more. i know that there is the "dublin" set of papers, but do the educational company( the people who write the past paper books) make mock exam papers? sorry if ive confused anyone, im kinda confusin myself, under a lot of stress, my mocks start monday and i havent studied for them yet coz i have portfolios to send out and IB art to complete.
    it'd be a great help if anyone cud...help.
    thnx
    :o

Caoimhe wrote:
    I got a completely different HL paper... Can't remember most of it but it was pretty much none of those things except ecology and Mitosis.

Did animal nutrition come up in anyones paper?

Did animal nutrition come up in anyones paper?
    Yeah there was a bit on the digestive system in one of the half questions (13 I think) where you had to draw it and label where certain stages take place.

my bio paper was higher level..
    ya a digestive question came up in mine...had to label the different parts eg:stomach,liver...diagram was already drawn for u...

James89 wrote:
    an physics at all?? done business 2day short questions wer hard but paper not too bad
    hey, did u get enterprising characteristics and activities in the ABQ. something bout fiscal policy and wat businesses should do for its stakeholders and community for Q2.

If u did could u please tel me wat the last question on ABQ was, a few topics for the other long questions and short questions. start monday!!! Ah!!!!

Caoimhe wrote:
    Yeah there was a bit on the digestive system in one of the half questions (13 I think) where you had to draw it and label where certain stages take place.

Thannx a mill, cos i wozn't gonna do that chap,looks fairly obvious tho that it has a good chance of coming up in the actual leaving!Damn it, cos i detest that chap. Did u or Fast mover get a quest on classification of organisms and bacteria? bombarding questions at ye......sorrryyy :o

i didnt get a long quest on classification of organisms and bacteria...
    i did however get a question in a question on the very first section...something like what kingdom did ameoba belong to....another question in that question was give an example of a triploid cell...honestly cant remeber now wa other questions wer in that question...

i dont mind you askn questions...id lik if people answered any questions i had too...so no problem at all :)

Thannx a mill, cos i wozn't gonna do that chap,looks fairly obvious tho that it has a good chance of coming up in the actual leaving!Damn it, cos i detest that chap. Did u or Fast mover get a quest on classification of organisms and bacteria? bombarding questions at ye......sorrryyy :o
    Yeah there was a classification question, again a half question, with a bit about what kingdoms they belonged to and stuff but also a bit about viruses (why they aren't classified as living I think)

unak wrote:
    hey, sounds like wat my teacher was hinting at caoimhe, any chance u cud tell me wat the other fiosracht mna question was about? and wat the poem questions were? as much as u can remember. really really worried bout irish paper 2 thanks
    I'm really sorry but I've written down everything I can remember and at this stage I don't even remember that stuff, its so far at the back of my mind after the midterm...

• Advertisement

unak wrote:
    anyone got any geo hints for the mocks.

if u got rivers and coasts
    and a list of countries-divide into primary, secondary, tertiary?
    mapwork-reasons the town developed here,tourism and something about glaciation and rivers

then id say thats my paper, ok wat was question b on coasts?
    and how do u divide italy into those divisions, only done it as physical, social, economic.

please help, start monday incredibly skrewed!!!!!!!!!
    I got that paper but there wasn't a question on coasts AFAIK. The rivers question was the usual 3 landforms one plus a question about pollution in Irish rivers, 2 studied examples. There was a desert question too.

I did Norway for the division and basically you divide it into your 3 regions (Plain of Lombardy, peninsula, Alps) on your map and put in a few main cities for each region, mountains, main rivers. Then you take your first region under primary activites and briefly discuss this in the region (e.g. farming is really important in plain of Lombardy - mention where a few of the crops are grown, significance to the economy, etc). Then do secondary activities in the region (industrial triangle), and then tertiary (tourism is really important here - venice, florence etc). Then do the same for the other two. The Alps will have some farming in the valleys but otherwise tourism is most important and year round. You can bring in all your knowledge of the country, like explaining how the climate in the Plain affects the agriculture. The single most important thing with this question is timing, its so hard to get done in the time of the exam. Try to allow yourself 50mins for this question.

There's advice and a bit on Italy here if you need more help. Hope this was useful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement