Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints - Post/request them in this thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Fastmover, caoimhe, did a quest n the heart come up in bio plz n thnx!!

Jus after remembering, did anyone get an honours irish paper with either
    a-teangmhail
    b-labhrann deirdre
    0r
    c-ceoltoir jazz
    in the poetry section??huge thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭[RS] Finch*

i seem to have the same papers as cremo and caoimhe, any hints for classical studies? just sat my english in andrews today, was piss easy except i only studied kavanagh and yeats, so i had to bs my way thru dickinson! still managed 4 1/2 pages on her tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

got an irish paper with mi an mheithinh and ur chonc chein mhic ceinte. paper 1 essay-terrorism. hope that helps. any OL maths hints, basically anything that was a bit tricky.

also, did any1 do a geo paper with italy, norway etc. divide into primary, secondary, tertiary could you please please tall me if there was a coasts question on it aswell and wat was part b. tanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

unak wrote:
    got an irish paper with mi an mheithinh and ur chonc chein mhic ceinte. paper 1 essay-terrorism. hope that helps. any OL maths hints, basically anything that was a bit tricky.

also, did any1 do a geo paper with italy, norway etc. divide into primary, secondary, tertiary could you please please tall me if there was a coasts question on it aswell and wat was part b. tanks.

Essays I got,
    A) Ta se thar am ar gcoras oideachais a athru o bhonn anios. E sin a phle
    B) Sceimhlitheoireacht (terorism)
    C) Ta sursaid spoirt an lae innir truaillithe ag drugai agus airgead. Do thuairim uait faoi seo.

And poetry - Treall, Chlaon Me Mo Cheann, Urchnoc Chein Mhic Cainte and Mi An Mheithimh.

In Geography, Section C had The Environment, Secondary Industry, Countirs and Tourism (Ireland)

Anyone want anymore info PM or e-mail me.

• Advertisement

PaulMcG wrote:
    Essays I got,
    A) Ta se thar am ar gcoras oideachais a athru o bhonn anios. E sin a phle
    B) Sceimhlitheoireacht (terorism)
    C) Ta sursaid spoirt an lae innir truaillithe ag drugai agus airgead. Do thuairim uait faoi seo.

And poetry - Treall, Chlaon Me Mo Cheann, Urchnoc Chein Mhic Cainte and Mi An Mheithimh.

In Geography, Section C had The Environment, Secondary Industry, Countirs and Tourism (Ireland)

Anyone want anymore info PM or e-mail me.

ya hav a feeling thats my irish paper, silly teacher giving too many hints. any chance of you remembering any of the poetry questions of questions on fiosracht mna and clann lir, also stair. thank u so much.

so, in geo the countries bit is wat i was talkin bout primary, secondary etc or did u get a different paper totally. if u got mine, was coasts on it?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Fastmover, caoimhe, did a quest n the heart come up in bio plz n thnx!!
    No, not that I remember. There was a question on the skeletal system, the digestive system, photosynthesis, ecology, genetics... Sorry I can't remember more. One of the experiments was DNA.

unak wrote:
    ya hav a feeling thats my irish paper, silly teacher giving too many hints. any chance of you remembering any of the poetry questions of questions on fiosracht mna and clann lir, also stair. thank u so much.

so, in geo the countries bit is wat i was talkin bout primary, secondary etc or did u get a different paper totally. if u got mine, was coasts on it?

thanks!

Ceist 1, A) Dean ple gairid ar a eifeachtai dar leat is a leiritear priomhthreithe an bhealoidis sa sceal, Clann Lir

Ceist 1, B) Maidir leis an ngearrsceal, Fiosracht Mhna, dean ple gairid are an gcorarsnach ata idir aigne nba agus aigne and fhir sa sceal. ** OR ** Maidir leis an ngearrsceal, Fiosracht Mhna, dean cur sios gairid ar an ngreann ata ann is mar ar eirigh leis an udar an ghne sin den sceal a fhobairt.

Ceist 4 (Stair na Gaeilge)

A) Do rogha beirt doibh seo, Sean O'Riordain, Padraig Ua Maoileoin, Marie Mhac an tSoai, Caitlin Maude, Brian Merriman, Liam O'Flaithearta, Cathal O'Searcaigh, Mairtin O'Cadhain.

B) An ghaeilge mar theaanga Cheilteach (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

C) An Fhiannaiocht (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

D) Meath na Gaeilge sa naou haois deag (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

E) Am ghaeilge sna meain chumarsaide (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

F) Do rogha dha cheann diobh seo; Geal Linn, Foras na Gaelige, Conradh na Gaeilge, an Ghaeltacht, Radio na Gaeltachta.

In geography, counties were France, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, Spain. Pick one and draw a sketch map, justify its division into 3 or more geographical regions. And yea coasts were in it too.

Ok, those papers are really like my papers but slightly different...

any chance of the poetry questions-thanks just realised only have paper 1 tomor so could u post up poetry questions either tonight or tomor thanks a mill...
    if ya need any help with anything else pm me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hello

From what I was told, for English, the essays and the texts are on Enviromental issues, with essays that where hard enough where you wrote about Enviromental issues. Oh and Part B's one is a Letter.

On Paper 2, question was on Hamlet - 2 Questions (one on Character which he recommended we do, and the other is General which he said was hard). There is General Vision and Viewpoint & Comparitve. On the Vision & Viewpoint I was told it was ok to discuss whether or not it was a Pessamistic or Optamistic view.

Poets he said learn the two female (Dickinsion and Boland) and you will be ok!

Anybody got info on German/Computers/Construction Studies/Home Economics?? Cheers!

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's computers on the leaving cert?

anywhere i can check the syllabus?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cremo wrote:
    there's computers on the leaving cert?

anywhere i can check the syllabus?

As far as I know only its only the CBS in Tramore and Limerick? Its a special course aimed at WIT and University of Limerick, im not to sure which schools sit it but mine do anyway.

No idea about the syllabus!

- Sully

PaulMcG wrote:
    Ceist 1, A) Dean ple gairid ar a eifeachtai dar leat is a leiritear priomhthreithe an bhealoidis sa sceal, Clann Lir

Ceist 1, B) Maidir leis an ngearrsceal, Fiosracht Mhna, dean ple gairid are an gcorarsnach ata idir aigne nba agus aigne and fhir sa sceal. ** OR ** Maidir leis an ngearrsceal, Fiosracht Mhna, dean cur sios gairid ar an ngreann ata ann is mar ar eirigh leis an udar an ghne sin den sceal a fhobairt.

Ceist 4 (Stair na Gaeilge)

A) Do rogha beirt doibh seo, Sean O'Riordain, Padraig Ua Maoileoin, Marie Mhac an tSoai, Caitlin Maude, Brian Merriman, Liam O'Flaithearta, Cathal O'Searcaigh, Mairtin O'Cadhain.

B) An ghaeilge mar theaanga Cheilteach (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

C) An Fhiannaiocht (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

D) Meath na Gaeilge sa naou haois deag (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

E) Am ghaeilge sna meain chumarsaide (is leor 3 mhorphointe)

F) Do rogha dha cheann diobh seo; Geal Linn, Foras na Gaelige, Conradh na Gaeilge, an Ghaeltacht, Radio na Gaeltachta.

In geography, counties were France, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, Spain. Pick one and draw a sketch map, justify its division into 3 or more geographical regions. And yea coasts were in it too.

hey, tanks for the info on essay and etc. above. hav paper two tomor just wonderin if u can remember questions on faoilean,claon me mo cheann and ur choc or mi an mheithimh.......tanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Cremo wrote:
    Okay my English Paper 2:

HAMLET
    (i) "Although Claudius is an unscrpulous character, he does have a conscience and is not entirely evil."

What do you think of this assessment of Claudius?? Support your points by reference to the play.

OR

(ii) "From its very first performance on stage, the play Hamlet has captivated audiences."

Consider the aspects of the play, Hamlet, which in your opinion have given rise to the play's popularity throughout the ages. Textual support may include reference to a particular performance you have seen of the play.

Comparative Study
    THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT

1 "The general vision and viewpoint of texts often determine the nature of the reader's (or viewer's) response."

In light of the above statement, write an essay in which you describe how your response has been shaped by the general vision and viewpoint of at least two texts on your comparative course.

OR

2. (a) What did you like or dislike most about the treatment of the general vision and viewpoint in any one of the texts that you studied as part of your comparative course? Support your answer by reference to the text.

2. (b) Compare two other texts from your comparative course in the light of your answer to part (a) above. Support the comparisons you make by reference to the texts.

LITERARY GENRE

1 "Authors make deliverate decisions about how to present their narratives."

In the light of the above statementm write a comparative essay about the ways in which authors present their stories. Your essay should make clear comparisons between the texts your refer to.

OR

2 "The structure of a text is rooted in the techniques used by the author."

(a) compare two of the texts you have studied in your course in the light of the above statement. Support the comparisons you make by reference to the texts.

(b) Write a short comparative commentary on a third text from your studies in the light of your answer in part (a) above.

they really love the phrase "in light of"

POETRY

1. "Wordsworth's poetry has stood the test of time"

Write out the text of a short presentation you would make to your fellow students in response to the above title. Outline the aspects of William Wordsworth's poetry that appeal to the modern reader. Give reasons for your choice, supporting them by reference to the poems on your course.

2. Write a response to the poetry of Emily Dickenson on your course.

Support your points by reference to the poetry of Dickenson that you have studied.

3. Write an essay in which you otuline your reasons for valuing or not valuing the poetry of Seamus Heaney on your course.

Support the points you make by reference to the poetry of Heaney that you have studied.

4. Write a letter to Eavan Boland telling her how you responsded to some of her poems on your course.

Support the points you make by detailed reference to the poems you choose to write about.

That's it, hope it helps you.

I'm doing this paper tomorrow guys and was wondering if someone could please tell me what the theme of the unseen poem was so I can come up with some notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

1. (a) Express √x + √x as a single fraction in its simplest form.
    √x – 1 √x + 1

Did anyone get this as their first question in paper 1 of the maths(H) mock?
    If you did could you please post whats on the 2nd paper before thursday.

Caoimhe wrote:
    No, not that I remember. There was a question on the skeletal system, the digestive system, photosynthesis, ecology, genetics... Sorry I can't remember more. One of the experiments was DNA.

Yep im def getting your paper, teacher gave us the skeletal and muscles as a hint!Was the genetics question hard or was it more based on the crosses??Hope to god it was based on crosses!!

Im so totally confused over these irish papers, ive one set og hints that i thought was certain that were matching up with most of the ones on here, but then a spanner gets thrown into the works when i hear that we're getting labhrann deirdre!the sooner these are over the better!!

Did anyone get a question about the character of Hamlet?

Caoimhe wrote:

Thanks a mil im def getting ur paper!!Was the genetics based on theory or crosses?hope its crosses!!

im so confused with these irish papers, at one minute ive hints that i think are certain that match up with your irish paper but then a spanner gets thrown into the works when i get told that labhrann deirdre is coming up!and of course no-one here has that paper

did anyone get a question on Hamlet's character in the single text??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

R.D wrote:
    I'm doing this paper tomorrow guys and was wondering if someone could please tell me what the theme of the unseen poem was so I can come up with some notes.

It was "sometimes" by Sheenagh Pugh

It's pretty easy, don't worry about it.

Did anyone do the question on A Thig Ná Tit Orm? What came up in it
    Did anyone get a debate on sport in irish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

<Jonny> wrote:
    It was "Sometimes" by Sheenagh Pugh

It's pretty easy, don't worry about it.

Thanks man, much appreciated!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

well iv gotten my English paper(H), Home Ec(H) and Maths(O) papers back so i now have the exact questions that came up, no need to use my memory(hehe)...if ne one needs help just ask...

sully04...german:
    my teacher made up her own grammer section.
    i didnt do the letter-i did the other thing..it was about smoking mainly but also a question on environmental:how irish are compared to germans.
    i remeber from what i read in the letter smoking came up in a question on that too...cant remeber wa else came up on that tho,sry!

Fast_Mover wrote:
    well iv gotten my English paper(H), Home Ec(H) and Maths(O) papers back so i now have the exact questions that came up, no need to use my memory(hehe)...if ne one needs help just ask...

sully04...german:
    i didnt do the letter-i did the other thing..it was about smoking mainly but also a question on environmental:how irish are compared to germans.
    i remeber from what i read in the letter smoking came up in a question on that too...cant remeber wa else came up on that tho,sry!

hey, hope ya got on well. any chance on some paper 2 OL maths help. paper 1 was horrible! little tricky things. if u got percentage error, compound interest and some question bout speed for question 1 then fire away. thanks...just mainly part (c)s that were tricky.

Fast_Mover wrote:

you got your results back already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

Hey
    Geez ye're all so nice given hints,i have the enlish, french and maths1 papers done if anyone needs hints.
    If anyone has done the irish papers could they please say what the a thig na tit orm question was-really sh*tting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks a mil,would be much appreciated but if ye cant remember its grand! :)

Thanks a mil im def getting ur paper!!Was the genetics based on theory or crosses?hope its crosses!!

im so confused with these irish papers, at one minute ive hints that i think are certain that match up with your irish paper but then a spanner gets thrown into the works when i get told that labhrann deirdre is coming up!and of course no-one here has that paper

did anyone get a question on Hamlet's character in the single text??
    There was a dihybrid cross with a fly I think as part (b), then the other two parts were theory but it was easy stuff from the ordinary level chapter afaik... It was my first exam so I seriously don't remember much. I might have it back before the end of the week if you want me to post it when I get it or will you have done the exam?

What way was maths (O) paper 2 like?
    Any helpful hints?
    Or what type of unusual question came up

Yay i love the crosses there so easy for marks.Thanks a mill Caoimhe your a star, im not getting Bio till next Wednesday

Fast_Mover wrote:

sully04...german:

Hints ESPICALLY on Home Ec!! Please??

Thanks for the German - anything else u think of let me know if u can cheers!

Many Thanks!

- Sully

What way was maths (O) paper 2 like?
    Any helpful hints?
    Or what type of unusual question came up

Yay i love the crosses there so easy for marks.Thanks a mill Caoimhe your a star, im not getting Bio till next Wednesday
    No probs, don't worry about the biology, it was quite a nice exam except for the diagram on one of the short questions which was mind-boggling. I'll post it up as soon as I get it.

• Advertisement

Thnx, well better go do some study get it outa the way before Desperate Housewives!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement