Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints - Post/request them in this thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah my friends got their french results about 2 hours after the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

Hey. Hows everyone doin'? Just wonderin if anybody has done the BUSINESS mock yet and would like to give me any hints...really struggling here! I can help with watever subjects needed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    yeah my friends got their french results about 2 hours after the test

That cause they where corrected in ur skool?

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

:D hi everybody,[hi dr. nick...sorry really couldnt resist]
    just to get in the spirit of giving pm me and i can tell ye about the following papers all dublin exam board!
    German H
    Maths O P1 and P2
    Biology H

If anybody would like to help lil' ol me with céisteanna on 'a thig ná tit orm' i'd be ooo so grateful!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I need to know what came up for your Home Ec especially and also German and Chemistry.
    Please quick, they are for 2moro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sci0x wrote:
    I need to know what came up for your Home Ec especially and also German and Chemistry.
    Please quick, they are for 2moro

Same - OL German tho.

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

eh... everyone does realize that the mocks papers are different is nearly every school??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

Hey sully and sciox,
    I got my home ec paper today but we had to the give them up afterwards but il tell ya as much as i can remember.The compulsary question was about iron and meat. You had to ginve the definition of haem iron and non haem iron,also what foods inhibit the absorption of iron and what foods help it. You also had to write a detailed acount on the nutritive value of meat-it was a balls i didnt know anything!!!!!
    Emmmm the other long questions were on factors that influence impulse buyin,a bit on cosumer research and cant remember the rest sorry! one of the elective was on interior design, it gave ya a pic of a kitchen and ya just had to say bout the ergonomics of it and also the colour scheme and what work surfaces you,d use. oh and what floor covering you,d put in the kitchen and why. There was a piece on water treatment aswel and the stages of it and what prolems hard water causes.
    Hope that helps a bit, would love it if ye could help me with the question on a thig na tit orm in irish!!
    If ye need anything else just say n il try help!!!! :o

eh... everyone does realize that the mocks papers are different is nearly every school??
    Hey, I heard there were only 2 companies in ireland that make mocks so theres a chance ya mite get lucky!!not a 100%on that though. ive got irish2morrow-ahhhhhhhhhhhh. its higher level if anone would like to help me it would be very much appreciated!Hows everyone getting on in their mocks so far?

Hey sully and sciox,
    I got my home ec paper today but we had to the give them up afterwards but il tell ya as much as i can remember.The compulsary question was about iron and meat. You had to ginve the definition of haem iron and non haem iron,also what foods inhibit the absorption of iron and what foods help it. You also had to write a detailed acount on the nutritive value of meat-it was a balls i didnt know anything!!!!!
    Emmmm the other long questions were on factors that influence impulse buyin,a bit on cosumer research and cant remember the rest sorry! one of the elective was on interior design, it gave ya a pic of a kitchen and ya just had to say bout the ergonomics of it and also the colour scheme and what work surfaces you,d use. oh and what floor covering you,d put in the kitchen and why. There was a piece on water treatment aswel and the stages of it and what prolems hard water causes.
    Hope that helps a bit, would love it if ye could help me with the question on a thig na tit orm in irish!!
    If ye need anything else just say n il try help!!!! :o

Meh, thats going to be a hard paper! Im terrible with the "science" part, but should do ok with a lot of study in the "social" part.

What where the Shor Q's like?

I dont do Irish so I cant help ya :/

- Sully

• Advertisement

Ya it was pretty dam hard alright.Eh well for 1 u had2 draw da structure of a trans fatty acid,1bout benefits of retinol and what food ists found in,1 on oxidative rancidity and hydro.. rancidity and 1 bbout what results in the lack of sodium,iodine and calcium, thats all i remember at the mo sorry :( . if nethin comes back il tel ya, dont suppose uv done maths(H) paper2 or biology(H)?????

Ya it was pretty dam hard alright.Eh well for 1 u had2 draw da structure of a trans fatty acid,1bout benefits of retinol and what food ists found in,1 on oxidative rancidity and hydro.. rancidity and 1 bbout what results in the lack of sodium,iodine and calcium, thats all i remember at the mo sorry :( . if nethin comes back il tel ya, dont suppose uv done maths(H) paper2 or biology(H)?????

Hopefully im not getting your paper then :P lol

Nope, dont do Higher Maths or Biology, the only exam iv done so far is English!

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Have you done maths(H) paper1 , how was it and what came up?

got any info on the social elective for Home Ec?

ok here goes...

Paper one

Q1- speed, percentage error, compound interest[ u hav to find out the %rate first]
    Q2-solution set, express u in terms of s and t [u kno the type] ,cubic equation [found this part tough]
    Q3- solve for x, square roots [kind of confusing] and another solve for x
    Q4- complex nos plot on diagram, 2 qs on solve for real x and real y oh and the ones with lines either sides[modulus??]
    Q6- find values of g[x], differentiate using 1st principle, draw graph
    Q7-differentiate 2 q's, chain rule quotient rule[maybe the other one the one u use 4 fraction], find speed, accelaration
    Q8- period and range, find value, find xxx and simplify, find f'[x] the derivative of f[x], tangent find eqt of it, find value.

Paper two

Q1-find length of thread circle square, simpsons rule,
    cone and cylinder
    Q2-line, sub in to find p, prove that ab is perpindicular to bc, prove they are same distance, calculate cords of pt [translatio], eqt of line, pt of intersection
    Q3- found very tough!!! find cords of pt m, calc length of mn,find radius length, cords of centre, eqt of line k, calc ratio of area of pqrs:area of K in form aie[lol!]
    Q4- dont do theroms
    Q5- trig- find length of arc, lrn ur sin cos and tan thingys, calculate lengtyh of pq and hence qr
    Q6-probability q very managable
    Q7-stats- mean, histograms, mid-interval values, standard deviation,cumulative frequaency and draw, interquartile range
    Section B----linear programming is what i did..
    Q11- 3 inequalities of lines, b] 2 inequalities and draw graph, max profit, max estimated profit

hope this helps ya all and that yall get this paper!!!! :D

sci0x wrote:
    got any info on the social elective for Home Ec?
    poverty causes of it... how people get caught in poverty trap and all about NAPS [cant remember exactly what that stands for but think its national anti poverty scheme] and ques on education cant remember tho. everythin else was same as above...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

hey, anybody got any business HL or german HL hints, have both tomor.......panic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Study???

If you have done Higher Physics, Higher Business or Higher German could you please let me know whats coming up. I would really appreciate it. Our teachers are really bad and we dont even have most of the courses done...
    Please... let me know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Did anyone do French tape that had something bout the Bastille in Section 1 of it?? And l8r on there was a girl giving out bout failing exams and giving out about her maths teacher??

Cos if ya did i'd be getting the same french paper as ya, and i kud do with the help.

Anyone done their accounting? or tech graph Qs or French Higher :D

• Advertisement

had business(H) today,it was impossible,the short questions were evil!there was definitions for acid test ratio,holding companies and some other company cant really remember to do with holding doh-i tink,memorandum of association,artiles of association,quorum,stages of recruitment, bit on how to get the acid test ratio,advantages on external recruitment, sorry cant remember anymore but that should get ya through it. abq was bout intrapreneurship,management activities and a report on changes in technology that could help the busines. business was like a flower pot design place.
    The long qs were sumtin like
    -managmen,mc gregor theory y-advantages
    unfair dismissals act

-prolems and opportunities for irish agg industry
    how costs are effected in a socially aware company
    oh and if anyone could help me wit bio and maths2 and irish-all higher,i would be eternally grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!

-what is factorising debt-sumtin like dat cant remember and wat advantages are
    sorry dats all i can tink of hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

Hey Punky Bruster...ur a life saviour!Tanx a million4d business.

Sci0x:I did ACCOUNTING HL on monday...cant remember it all but these all came up! Ratios(for debentures), Service firm, Published Accounts, Production Budgeting, Marginal Costing, Incomplete Records (type B), Cash Flow Statements...srry dats all i can remember.

In FRENCH HL:i'll give u a general thing...Comperhensions were easy enough2understand. Quest1:Cant remeber (a) coz i did (b) which was bout an accident/bad situation which hd a gud ending! Quest2: (a)A diary/(b)Letter bout applyin for a competition!Hard enough. Quest3: (a)Was bout pollution/(b)was bout publicty&young people. Quest4: I actually couldnt really understand!So ddnt do it!But I'm crap at french.

Hope this all helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Ok does anybody actually know who prints the real LC Cert exams? . I'm jumping to the next level

A whole load of fat guys in suits who get pleasure in toturing dumb teenagers like me, i believe are who do them!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stephencram

hi , looking for french economics biology chemistry all higher level, please help, in my english there was a horror compreh so if you had this you can help, wb please

hi , looking for french economics biology chemistry all higher level, please help, in my english there was a horror compreh so if you had this you can help, wb please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭den.fitz

Hiya just had geography today
    Q.1 is on settlement,suitability of town as port
    Q.2 did Rivers + Colorado -how we mess up rivers
    Q.3 I did Spain in 3 reagions/italy/norway
    and Fieldwork anyone have Biology or Physics or German all higher i can swap maths /english higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Anyone I helped with German :
    I got the paper back today and the Grammar is different to what I thought. You need to be able to recognise different verb tenses and types of pronouns for part one and part two is completing sentences based on the texts. Sorry, I dunno how I got that wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

Hey caoimhe. Did you do honours maths yet? If you did what came up? Any theorems in particular etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement