Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints - Post/request them in this thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

well if its any use to anyone...my home ec was:
    Section B:
    Q1: meat and iron (compulsory question)
    Q2: obesity
    Q3: management
    Q4: consumer studies
    Q5: sociology: all about the family

Section C
    I do Elective 3:Social Studies
    3(A) Leisure (Compulsory Question)
    (B) Education
    (c)Work

If anyone has any questions to ask about that Home Ec..il be happy to answer them if i can...

punky bruster: had the same business paper as you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭den.fitz

Hi caoimhe what came up in German Written section what kind of pronouns in grammer.
    Help I have so much to study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

den.fitz wrote:
    Hi caoimhe what came up in German Written section what kind of pronouns in grammer.

hey just had german. not the same paper as caoimhe tho. ausserung:was about the second comprehension about what men talk about, wats ur view of the typical man..was awful.
    letter:was about leaving cert, wat u would advise to relax, wat do u think of football, do footballers get paid too much, weather in ireland.

sorry thats al i remember

any chance u could help me with business HL not the paper with market research as a long question tho....

oh right that sounds tough
    sorry cant help you with business

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fast_Mover wrote:
    well if its any use to anyone...my home ec was:
    Section B:
    Q1: meat and iron (compulsory question)
    Q2: obesity
    Q3: management
    Q4: consumer studies
    Q5: sociology: all about the family

Section C
    I do Elective 3:Social Studies
    3(A) Leisure (Compulsory Question)
    (B) Education
    (c)Work

If anyone has any questions to ask about that Home Ec..il be happy to answer them if i can...

punky bruster: had the same business paper as you!

What was section A about?

- Sully

• Advertisement

Hi I have biology in the morning can You help me with experiments and any tricky Questions, Thanks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

anyone have anything on economics?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fallenangel666

did anyone have eamon de valera at the end of there listening and a conversation about someone going to america?? what comes up in paper 1 and 2 ordinary??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

hey fallenangel
    Sorry i do honours,could try find out for you tomorrow.do you ave maths higher paper2 done by any chance please im desperate!wil help you wit other papers if i can

If you had my paper two the trig is the easiest bit, circle is nice enough, co-ord geometry is hard enough , you have to find eqn of two tangents just given the point outside circle 4,0 and circle centre 0,0. Dont forget area of triangle equation like I did 1/2 ab sinc. The probability answers are all rediculous fraction like 289 over 30909. you have to prove why tan teta = mi - m2 ....and why u to base n = l alpha to power of n.... For prob there is a full sect b on people having birthdays on same week , likelihood of to an same day and stuff. Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

dont suppose anybody has business hints?? ca help in other subjests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

Hey den
    tanks, oh god im so dead i dunno netin!!!!!!What was on your paper1 and then il know if they the same!could you tell me a bit about the trig q if possible please coz im so crap at that!if you need anythin just ask and if i have the paper done il gladly give it to you

Did you get that pm
    can anyone help me with Biology please have it tomorrow pm me i did eng/maths/geo/irish higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

hey den did you get my pm.....could you help me with geography

ok i pm'd you can anyone help with biology other then paper with dna exp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

den.fitz wrote:
    revise the smoking ban, disabilities and prejudices, what you wanna do after school and that kind of thing. Know what a relative pronoun is, what the konjunktiv looks like, etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Caoimhe wrote:
    revise the smoking ban, disabilities and prejudices, what you wanna do after school and that kind of thing. Know what a relative pronoun is, what the konjunktiv looks like, etc

That Honours?

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

yup. all papers i've posted are honours

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Anyone do higher Spanish? If so, I'd really appreciate help as to what may come up on my mock paper - if you've done it, please PM me!

I had Geography yesterday and the following came up
    Q.1 Historical settlements, suitability of city as port
    Q.2 I did River studies - 3 features and how we interfere - Colorado
    Q.4 Fieldwork
    Q. 3 was Population studies and Urban development
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement

For Biology it was a fairly tough
    sect.A
    name Triploid cell
    what kingdom does ameoba belong to
    label Digestive System
    Label Kidney - nephron -what does ADH do where is sugar removed
    Sect. B
    dna extraction what is each step for - diff dna rna
    IAA plant germination
    Mob yeast geast gel beads exp
    Sect C.
    Food
    Phospholipids
    Test for starch/ protein
    Respiration
    Male repro
    Genetics -engineering for / against short q
    Dna
    Ecology
    Good Luck

Can anyone please help me with Physics / Economics / German I had the tape where one answer is a curfew on children that the minister introduced.
    I can help with eng/maths/irish

Look around. There are topics on those subjects already, look in Hints.

- Sully

I think I may have done the Dublin Exam Commission ones to if thats what was on it.
    Were the experiments;
    g by pendulum,
    calibration curve of thermometer,
    focal length of concave lens or else it was a mirror,
    Ohms law for a filiment bulb but it didn't tell you it was a filiment bulb?

Very tough paper and unusual in some aspects i thought.
    yeah i dont have my physics paper on me. i know joules law came up, somethin about latent heat of fusion of ice, emmmm, conservation of momentum, and one about refraction, the glass block experiment. I think that was it

ohms law, joules law, snells law and conservation of momentum on section A, look out for the conspicuous lack of a section b question on electricity (obviously the applied electricity option is there but no current electricity as such). in question 10 - particle physics, definitions of the hadron and lepton are asked.
    be careful with these as giving quark compositon, relative mass etc will get you precisely nothing according to the marking scheme. you must talk about the fundamental forces to get your 12 marks

Hi this is all I could get so far on Physics does anyone have any more information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Thanks for posting those man, much appreciated - has anyone else on here done the same Physics and Biology exams?! I'd hate to get a different set of papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Sully04 wrote:
    Meh, thats going to be a hard paper! Im terrible with the "science" part, but should do ok with a lot of study in the "social" part.

What where the Shor Q's like?

I dont do Irish so I cant help ya :/

- Sully
    How did u get off doin Irish sully?

Sully Section A is short questions....are u expecting me to write out all 12questions with a's and b's?..hehe! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone got the ordinary irish paper with comprehensions about aiden mcgeady and ordinary women? What are the pros and poetry that accompany this on paper 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

Finished my mocks at last! So if any needs any help in English HL, Irish OL, Maths OL, French, Business, Accounting, Music…give me a shout!

den.fitz's paper was the same one i had....

sorry den.fitz, just got ur pm 10min ago...i pm'ed u back...bit late tho now ur exam over.. :) hope it went well anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Susicia

All Honours:
    Technical Graphics both papers
    Maths paper 2 (desperatley seeking help)
    Chemistery ( desperatley trying to pass)
    Irish Paper 2 (pass) paper 1 was on schumacher

Insteas of replying by saying you are also looking for these exams could you please just wait for someone who has them to post? It's really frustrating fou you and it also must be for you to see nothing but questions in a thread and no answers? Sorry if i'm coming accross as full of it but I'm really desperate for help.

Thanks so much for your time and hopefully your help.
    If also you would prefer to directly email me:
    emerald_dust@hotmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement