Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints - Post/request them in this thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

den.fitz wrote:
    I think I may have done the Dublin Exam Commission ones to if thats what was on it.
    Were the experiments;
    g by pendulum,
    calibration curve of thermometer,
    focal length of concave lens or else it was a mirror,
    Ohms law for a filiment bulb but it didn't tell you it was a filiment bulb?

Very tough paper and unusual in some aspects i thought.
    yeah i dont have my physics paper on me. i know joules law came up, somethin about latent heat of fusion of ice, emmmm, conservation of momentum, and one about refraction, the glass block experiment. I think that was it

ohms law, joules law, snells law and conservation of momentum on section A, look out for the conspicuous lack of a section b question on electricity (obviously the applied electricity option is there but no current electricity as such). in question 10 - particle physics, definitions of the hadron and lepton are asked.
    be careful with these as giving quark compositon, relative mass etc will get you precisely nothing according to the marking scheme. you must talk about the fundamental forces to get your 12 marks

Hi this is all I could get so far on Physics does anyone have any more information

I've Physics on Tuesday and it's the only exam other than Biology I'm really worried about. Is this Physics paper from the same set of papers as the English paper 1 on the Enviroment?! If anyone has done this paper please let me know!!! Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mloc666 wrote:
    will u ge able to tell me wat came up on ur accounting mock jo_u_know

HINTS FOR ACCOUNTING HIGHER LEVEL

Section A
    manufacturing account
    depreciation of fixed assets
    farm accounts
    debtors' control account

Section B
    interpetation for a shareholder
    Incomplete records
    Published accounts

Section C

absorbption costing
    budgeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

HINTS ECONOMICS
    in my economics paper
    cpi came up
    taxation
    economics aims
    imperfect comp
    cost
    land
    thats all i can remember

mcowhey wrote:
    HINTS ECONOMICS
    in my economics paper
    cpi came up
    taxation
    economics aims
    imperfect comp
    cost
    land
    thats all i can remember

What level is that man - OL or HL?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

hey,u get my pm R.D?

• Advertisement

unak wrote:
    hey,u get my pm R.D?

Just replyed Unak ;)

Could someone please, please tell me whats coming up in the HL Physics exam?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

did u get my p.m rebel chick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Hi did anyone get an Honours paper with a fax or a letter(cant remember which)to a hotel thanking them for the wonderful stay an all that.
    Also was there a question bout 1-dreams and 2-drugs, and maybe tv i think.

Did anyone get an essay/debate on alcol in hons irish

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Hi,
    If anyone has got the Physics HL Pre with Snells Law, Joules Law, Conservation of Momentum, Potential Difference etc. etc.....
    Could you PLEASE scan and send it on to me! Soon As Possible... Seriously need help with this one! If any of ye need, Tech Draw P I, Construction Studies, English HL, Maths HL, French HL.. Give me a shout and i'll send them on!!
    eotcband@yahoo.com

Cheers,
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Susicia

okay, im pleading to each person out there who had done Tgr. i have it soon and am slightly screwed, could you please sent me either or both of the papers?
    Alan G? could you pleas help? thanks

emerald_dust@hotmail.com
    thanks you for your time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Incase anyone else does scotscéalta;

Nora Mharcais Bhig and Páidín Mháire- the stories had unhappy and tragic endings.

Teatrarc na Gailli and Na Lig Sin a gcathu - the stories show the simple-minded man and clever woman

My p.1 was on the EU and JFK.

Susicia,
    Tech Drawing Paper I sent to you e-mail!!

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hey guys,i need help for Higher Level History. I had the English paper with Claudius "is he evil" question, so anyone who had thatand has done history can you tell me what you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Note to all, please stop pming me as i will not reply and i'll delete all. I'm getting about 20 pm's a day

somewhere deep within the 200 replies of this thread are all the hints from my papers. Now if you read my replies and are still unsure i'll reply.

i done these subjects

English (H) - i typed out my two papers early in the thread
    Irish (O) - i got the papers with aiden mcgeady and about some women during the 1920's
    Maths (O) - maths is maths, same every year except figures
    Geography (H) - got the paper with the regional to be split into primary/secondary/teriatry
    Accounting (H) - posted above
    German (H) - got the paper with the reading comphre. about young girl disobeying parents and the mentally handicapped kid.
    Biology (H) - got the paper with DNA experiment on it.

all my papers have been discussed in this thread just search.

and also you do know that what i got doesn't mean you'll get it too.

Alan G wrote:
    Hi,
    If anyone has got the Physics HL Pre with Snells Law, Joules Law, Conservation of Momentum, Potential Difference etc. etc.....
    Could you PLEASE scan and send it on to me! Soon As Possible... Seriously need help with this one! If any of ye need, Tech Draw P I, Construction Studies, English HL, Maths HL, French HL.. Give me a shout and i'll send them on!!
    eotcband@yahoo.com

Cheers,
    Al

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=230472

Dunno if you saw that tread or not Alan...

Ya saw that,
    but i'm looking for the actual q's so i can know exactly whats comin up...
    Cheers anyway!!

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ChickateePoo2

this was the following that came up on my history mock exam
    May not be your paper but to clarify things i got the question on Claudius being not as evil as hes made out on my English Paper 2
    Section A
    Issac Butt and Charles Stewert Parnell
    Unionist Opposition to Home Rule
    The Cultural Revival 1880-1918
    Sinn Fein right up to success in general election 1918
    James Connolly

Section B
    The Civil War
    Law and Order 1923-1945
    Fianna Fail 1932-1948
    The first Inter Party Government 1948-1951
    Nothern Ireland 1920-1966

Section C
    Franco Prussian War Course and Consequence
    Europe 1870-1914 economic and social reform
    Russia 1870-1914
    Germany under William II
    World War 1

Section D
    The League of Nations
    Great Britain 1919-1939
    Russia under Stalin
    Hitler (totalitarian state)i confused his rise to power with domestic policies (whoopsy!)
    France 1945-1970

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Request - Higher Spanish

Does anyone else do Spanish? If you did the English paper with the reading comprehensions about water and reality TV, please PM me and let me know what sort of topics came up in your paper. thank you so much!

Hints - Higher Irish, Paper 2

If you got the Paper 1 with the reading comprehensions about Europe and the Kennedy family, then you're more than likely to get this Paper 2! Be careful though - the front of the paper says 2 hours 50 minutes, which is wrong - its actually 3 hours 20 minutes.

Question 1 - Prose
    Answer a and b

a) Clann Lir suffered a lot during their 900 years as swans - discuss (25 marks)
    or
    An Lasair Coille - something about what Seamas was like before Míoda arrived (25 marks)

b) Fiosracht Mhná - the woman brought all her problems on herself (15 marks)
    or
    In relation to Fiosracht Mhná, write about two of thse things:
    - stupidity of men
    - the humour in the story
    - lack of self-confidence in women (15 marks)

Question 2 - An Triail (apologies to anyone who did something else)
    i. Something about the theme of the treatment of single mothers and their babies in the sixties in Ireland (40 marks)
    ii. Most of the characters in the drama are cold-hearted and mean - discuss (40 marks)

Question 3 - Poetry
    A. Filíocht Ainmnithe
    Answer a and b

a) Treall
    i. The cleverness of the poets use of metaphor and symbol in the poem to put her thoughts across (12 marks)
    ii. Discuss the last line of the poem in context (8 marks)
    or
    Bríd Óg Ní Mháille
    i. Something about unrequited love (12 marks)
    ii. Take two images from the poem and talk about their effect in the context of the theme (8 marks)

b) Chlaon Mé mo Cheann
    Write about the theme of the poem and mention how its put across (15 marks)
    or
    Wrte about the atmosphere created by the poet in the poem (15 marks)

C. Dánta Dualgais Breise
    Answer a or b

a) Úrchnoc Chéin Mhic Cáinte
    i. The poet uses every trick to try to win the girl - discuss (20 marks)
    ii. Explain what the poet is talking about in the first four lines or the second last verse (9 marks)
    iii. Write a short note on two traits of a love poem/love song (6 marks)

b) Mí an Mheithimh
    i. The poet is lamenting the decline of the culture on the island - discuss (20 marks)
    ii. Why does he refer to June as 'mí an tséin' and 'mí an léin' in the first two lines of the poem? (9 marks)
    iii. Discuss lines 5-7 and lines 19-20 (6 marks)

Question 4 - Stair na Gaeilge
    Write about two of the following:

a) Write about two of these
    Seán Ó Ríordáin
    Peadar Ó Laoghaire
    Antaine Ó Reachtaire (Raifteirí)
    Seathrún Céitinn
    Ré Ó Laighléis
    Mairéad Ní Ghráda

b) Litríocht an Bhlascaoid Mhóir (Is leor trí mhórphointe)

c) Na Cúirteanna Filíochta (Is leor trí mhórphointe)

d) An Rúraíocht (Is leor trí mhórphointe)

e) Na Bardscoileanna (Is leor trí mhórphointe)

f) Stádas na Gaeilge in Éirinn inniu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Fishie,i got that english and irish paper and i should be doing spanish either thursday or friday so i'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

Cianan2 wrote:
    Hey guys,i need help for Higher Level History. I had the English paper with Claudius "is he evil" question, so anyone who had thatand has done history can you tell me what you got?

For HL History I did:

1 - Ulster Unionism and its opposition to Home Rule
    2 - Fianna Fáil's domestic policy in the 40s-50s (I think)
    3 - I can't remember this one, but I think it might have been Bismarck's foreign and domestic policies
    4 - Hitler's consolidation of power
    5 - Special study question

Things like the course and consequences of the War of Independence were in there. Oh, and the Easter Rising as well, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fallenangel666

Hey, by any chance has any one done the chemistry pre with ethanoic acid as an exp. Any help would be brill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

Fishie wrote:
    Hints - Higher Irish, Paper 2

If you got the Paper 1 with the reading comprehensions about Europe and the Kennedy family, then you're more than likely to get this Paper 2! Be careful though - the front of the paper says 2 hours 50 minutes, which is wrong - its actually 3 hours 20 minutes.

Sigh. I got the exact same paper but we only got 2 hours 50 minutes for it! Our school kept getting less time than what was printed on the paper. :mad:

I messed up Irish Paper 2 anyway. Sucks to be the guy who loves Irish yet does mediocre in it. (That guy's me! ¬_¬)

Fishie,i got that english and irish paper and i should be doing spanish either thursday or friday so i'll let you know.
    Thank you so much, but unfortunately I have Spanish tomorrow! However, if you would like a breakdown of the paper I would be happy to oblige! I'll probably be posting it up in this thread anyway if I can get my mitts on the computer.
    Daith&#237 wrote:
    I messed up Irish Paper 2 anyway. Sucks to be the guy who loves Irish yet does mediocre in it.
    I know how you feel, I really like Irish but somehow I always do worse than I should in exams - much to the frustration of my teacher, who's convinced I should be getting A's! I was so pissed off about that timing thing - I though it was only 2 hours 50 minutes and rushed through my drama question - it was the most unplanned, messy, scribbly, badly thought out essay I've ever written, but I was aware it was worth 40 marks and I had hardly any time to do it. So I thought anyway. I just about finished it, and THEN a teacher made an announcement that we had an extra half hour, much to my annoyance. Which meant that I'd wasted time doing a bad essay and even if I crossed it out and started again it'd still be a lousy essay. Rrrrgh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey,

Did Construction Studies the other day for those still doing pres and want to know, I dont have any of my papers - we had to hand them all up.

But this is what I re-call in what came up:

Q.1 Drawing of the External Door (with the cavity wall) -- know all parts.

Q.2 Many people are into interrior design - design a kitchen (in limited spacing - given) that lies against the exterior of the rear wall, discuss under 2 out of 3 headings (Accessibility, Ergnomity, Design -- or similar). Do so clearly with a neat free hand sketch.

Q. 3 Roof with Chimney (at pitch of 45degrees) -- Show how to make it water tight -- Do so clearly with a neat free hand sketch and notes.

Q.4 Cottage House -- Draw a section through the roof and do so clearly with a neat free hand sketch. Label all parts.

Q.5 Just some statement about the design of houses that people should be proud to live in them and not embarrased -- Comment on this with reference to buildings within your area.

Other questions where on concrete, define some terms, how those terms are important in concret and so on.

Another paper apparently got:

Drawing of External Door, Planning, Light and Sound, Stairs, Electric Circuits.

Sorry I cant re-call it all, but if I think of anymore ill update this topic ;|

- Sully

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Again, no copy of paper but this is what I remember:

Triangle, given the area, find the height. Simpsons Rule, given the area, need to find out what "k" is (its in the gaps). Cylinder and Sphere, sphere put into a cylinder with water, find new height.

The line questions, seemed ok, know your formulas.

Circle Question, tough but some of the formulas used in the line you should be able to use and I could make some attempt at it.

Didnt do it - Theroms.

Triganometry -- Know sin cos and tan.

Probability -- Pretty easy, something choose something, stuff drawn from bag, replaced, etc etc.

Stats - Cum. Freq Curve, Histograms, Give the mean and most numbers one with an x. Find x. Draw Curves/Hist. Need to know how to get Median, 1st Quarter, 2nd Quartet, Interquaritle range.

Section B -- Linear Programing. Started and gave up - couldnt remember how to do it. Graph Inequalities. Then the usal problem and work your way to find the answer.

Study: Stats - ALL of it. Probability - ALL of it. Linear Programing - Know how to work it out and graph. Revise the rest. It all depends how good/bad your at maths. Im bad, and find it tough. :/

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Hey can anyone help me, i've home ec tomorrow and i'm really confuddled. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I realy realy suck bigtime at french. Anyone have a clue whats coming up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Study???

Hi Guys. I have business hl tomorrow and im dreadin it! Our teacher is really bad and he gave us no hints about whats coming up. If u could could u please give me some hints on whats coming up... or even better if u have the paper send it to me if u can it dosent matter which paper. Doyle597@hotmail.com
    Thanx......

• Advertisement

Does anybody on here have a copy of the higher level Biology exam paper?! I REALLY need to do well in this exam tomorrow afternoon - so if any of you guys know whats coming up I'd really appreciate it if you could PM em' to me!!!

Just to make sure we're doing the same set of papers, I've done the following HL exams...
    Higher Level English (Paper One was on "Today's World")
    Higher Level Physics (Both Snell's and Joules Law came up in Section A)

I've also done Ordinary Maths, Irish, German and Ecconomics. Anyone who needs help with any of those just PM me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement