Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

replace keano with who?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any truth in this

Lyon 10 million rated Michael Essien is be lined up as Roy Keanes long tern replacement

has any one seen this Michael Essien is he any good i probly know him to see him but the name doesnt ring a bell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

snoopdog wrote:
    any truth in this

Lyon 10 million rated Michael Essien is be lined up as Roy Keanes long tern replacement

has any one seen this Michael Essien is he any good i probly know him to see him but the name doesnt ring a bell
    Essien's agent has been touting him around Europe. They met with Madrid back in January and there has been contact with Arsenal too. Madrid lost interest when they were told the asking price was €20M.

Mark van Bommel's agent has also been touring the Premiership clubs. His services have been offered to Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

€€€€€€€€ or well maybe £££££££, that's all that'll even enter his head, he won't care where he's from or who he's playin for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Had another think about this and I suddenly wondered what about: owen hargreaves...he is sort of available, energetic, young, fairly good and could certainly improve...

In addition van bommel isnt bad and essien appears to have some talent but in terms of value for money i think hargreaves would be a good buy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

...I do not want him at Utd. He is a bloody average player. No more average crap players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He couldn't replace Keano, would be a stopgap measure, and he'd cost a little bit of money, if he can't beat Gerrard and Lampard into the English team while Scholes could right now, he isn't good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

who are they going to buy who will be better than gerrard or lampard lol

now that would be some scouting missioN!

I can think of about 10 players better than both of them imo, at least better than Gerrard of late.
    Keano at his peak was better than Gerrard or Lampard now, since they are not at their top form yet.
    If you want to replace Keano, you need somebody better than these players.
    Essien looks like a possible replacement, every time I see him I see his skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Where do you see so much of him? I do not even know who he is. Well I know he is French and highly rated but that is media talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

he isnt French

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Gerard and Lampard are not the same type of player as the existing Keane either.. maybe Keane back in the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

cheesedude wrote:
    Where do you see so much of him? I do not even know who he is. Well I know he is French and highly rated but that is media talk.

He's Ghanaian and plays for Lyon. He had trials with United when he was younger. I'd certainly prefer him to Hargreaves who looks one of the poorest of the current crops of England internationals to me.

Fergies last signing from France..... Heinze, 'nuff said.

From manutd.com dated 16/01/05:
    Giving Essien shirt shrift so costly for Sir Alex
    Manchester United missed out on the new Roy Keane – because of a row over missing kit! And United chief Sir Alex Ferguson now faces the impossible task of raising the cash it would take to outbid Chelsea and Arsenal for Lyon’s £17million-rated Michael Essien – when he could have had him for next to nothing. The Ghanaian arrived at United as a highly-rated 17-year-old five years ago. But after little more than a week at Old Trafford, Essien was sent packing. He had asked if it was okay to take some kit and got permission – only for United to find out he had taken a few more tops, shirts and socks than they thought was right.
    Alan Nixon, The People

Eurosport highlights and CL highlights, which I've watched just about all of this season, then you see how well he has preformed this year.

They aren't the same players, but what I mean is United shouldn't sign aplayer like Hargreaves who isn't going to get to the level we need in midfield, they should sign someone who could

Advertisement