Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which radio station?

Options
  • 06-02-2005 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me all the radio stations that are available in Dublin. I'm a 98fm listener but to be frank, I'm getting sick of their constant pop music, they keep playing the same tunes over and over. I'm looking for a station which varies its music a bit more. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

What I like is the Waiting Room/Jenny Houston on 2FM weeknights at 10.

Tom Dunne, Alison Curtis and Ray D'ary on Today FM.

Radio Na Liffey(sp??)

All of the above, with the exception of Ray D'arcy would be of an indie/rock slant.

got to listen to DCAL 103.2 for special interest shows, great music and sound like they're having a laugh.
    They have a forum on here too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=439

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Depends on the humour I'm in and the time of day.

I tend to listen to NewsTalk mostly. They're pretty comprehensive for sport and current affairs.

I'd listen to Today FM for general stuff that's not too serious i.e. Ray D'Arcy's show in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I only really listen to FM104, 'coz it takes alot of time and patience to get the frequency perfect on my ancient ass radio.
    I listen to the Phone Show. It's on Monday to Thursday nights.

I'm listening to the Rock Show right now; every Sunday night, 10pm-1am.

Quite good. (Y)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭ando

I listen to 2fm in the mornings, Gerry Ryan is quite good. I used to listen to Darcy on TodayFm but the humour just gets tiresome. 98, 104 and spin103 are complete $hite, Harvy Norman adds wreaks my head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ando wrote:
    Harvy Norman adds wreaks my head

:mad: Harvey 'f**king' Norman please f**k off! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Elessar wrote:
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me all the radio stations that are available in Dublin.
    Thanks.

http://www.radiowaves.fm/database/index.html

This is a great site with lots of irish radio info. Pretty ugly mind you.

I'm listening to Radio na Life lots lately. 106.4
    As gaeilge but a great variety of music...real music.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

::cough::cough::

NearFM every monday night... "Whitenoise" with Fiona and.... me. Its a contemporary Irish music show :D

I'm a 2fm man mainly.... although don't risk listening to cormac battle.... Dave Fanning, Jenny Huston, and Dan Hegarthy are all good though.......

Otherwise Xfm........ best alternative music station about at the moment...... Brilliant mix..... I can't pick it up on my radio but you can listen in online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

We do a current affairs show on Mondays and Fridays on Anna Livia 103.2 FM

it's on from 4.30 to 7 and is a mix of news items and features with a load of good music in between

you can contact us at fastlane103.2@gmail.com if you want any more details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Otherwise Xfm........ best alternative music station about at the moment...... Brilliant mix..... I can't pick it up on my radio but you can listen in online.
    geeeee...........thanks :o u can get us on....107.9 FM now and again Dublin city area...admittedly its not to everybody's taste.

click to listen (broadband)
    RealPlayer
    WinDoze Media Player
    WinAmp / ITunes

• Advertisement

ah tis cool, I could never pick you guys up when I tried... but i'm out in swords direction so maybe that's why......

[commendation]tis a nice mix... lots of really cool stuff.... [/commendation]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

... and of course there will be 105.2 Phantom FM from July 1st !!

I cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

BrianD wrote:
    ... and of course there will be 105.2 Phantom FM from July 1st !!

Any news on if/when you're going to hire staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

dathi1 wrote:
    geeeee...........thanks :o u can get us on....107.9 FM now and again Dublin city area...admittedly its not to everybody's taste.

click to listen (broadband)
    RealPlayer
    WinDoze Media Player
    WinAmp / ITunes

whats the deal with all the internet explorer windows opening up on realplayer when you click on the realplayer link.

pain in the hole tbh.

whats the deal with all the internet explorer windows opening up on realplayer when you click on the realplayer link.

pain in the hole tbh.

its a metaphor for

USE WINAMP....

sorry if that sounded harsh... it was begging to be done.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

its a metaphor for

USE WINAMP....

sorry if that sounded harsh... it was begging to be done.... :D

indeed, as soon as I can figure out how to change the default player for PLS files from musicmatch to winamp I might give it a try. The music I was listening to on XFM was a little weird, but the stream was perfect, like listening to a local station here on FM.

Im more interested in pop music so i doubt I would be much help to the OP but for what its worth i tend to listen to either newstalk 106 on the web or stations outside the country for music. another favorite of mine is BBC five live Live. BBC7 is good for comedy shows some nights.
    depends on the quality of the webstream (98fm isnt working anyway) the best streaming station I have found to date is more94fm in the bahamas. good for the ragae and pop music :)

Advertisement