Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS on Play.com

Options
  • 06-02-2005 5:21pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=front&r=DS

Intresting release dates listed for Metroid Prime etc. I wonder is that just there provsional...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Strange release dates alright, maybe the likes of advance wars and animal crossing are getting released internationally on the same day-theres no real reason for it not to happen if they're already translated right? but i'd say play are being a bit optimistic with some of the release dates. I'm actually very tempted after looking at the games at initial release and prices to pre order a ds......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good stuff, ~€36 - I supose games will be €50 here like GBA games are :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sony are taking a huge hit subsidising the price of the console so the games are naturally going to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Took them long enough to get the DS section up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

dont believe any of the other dates, other than the 11/03 ones. most are WAY off.

I am ordering about 4 games from the launch, Zookeeper, touched, Driller, Rayman. Yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Mario Kart DS looks like it could be the best Mario Kart yet (not including double dash which iv neve played :( ). The line up looks very promising load of title I want. I know Goldeneye will be **** but I can still dream of it being a port of the N64 version...

Nintendo know they need a solid software library out ASAP with the PSP coming out some time in Q2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

only games I would be interested in are Animal crossing and advance wars DS, hope they come out for PSP

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Sony are taking a huge hit subsidising the price of the console so the games are naturally going to be more expensive.

Apparently, it's not just that, most of the games are supposed to at least look like PS2 games...

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/ridgeracer/screens.html?page=10

• Advertisement

Gizzard wrote:
    only games I would be interested in are Animal crossing and advance wars DS, hope they come out for PSP
    LOL I cannt imagine either will but you never know... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Rew wrote:
    LOL I cannt imagine either will but you never know... ;)
    AC is made by Nintendo isn't it? Have Nintendo ever released a game for Sony?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

monument wrote:
    Apparently, it's not just that, most of the games are supposed to at least look like PS2 games...

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/ridgeracer/screens.html?page=10

You're quite right. Sony is making a huge loss on each PSP but the production costs of the games that are almost as advanced as a PS2 title are very high. A big team would be needed as well as longer developement time.

AC is made by Nintendo isn't it? Have Nintendo ever released a game for Sony?

Not as far as I know and I cannt imagine that they will release anything for the PSP.

Advertisement