Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Man City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

not too bad from city, I have a feeling they have missed their chance to nick a goal, and its gona be on the backfoot now for the rest of the match :/

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Half time Chelsea 0 Man City 0. City are playing ok. A couple of nervy minutes and one or two goal line clearances and a fine save from james has kept it level. Chelse are getting a bit frustrated. It could be an interesting second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The City defence is quite good :shock: :eek:

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

10 mins left. This would be excellent result for United and Arsenal. Opens that door just a little bit more

That was teh best save I've ever seen in my life, absolutely unreal

• Advertisement

Woohoo, come on Man City, goe draw man city :)

and so it begins...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Result!

Well done Man City, who'd have thought they'd do a double of sorts...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Richard Dunne and David James....sensational....Great result for the good of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

RESULT!!!!!!!

Chelsea 0- Man City 0
    David James with man of the match appearance in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Excellent defending from City. What a tackle from Dunne and what a save from James.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dunne played very well , dunno why keegan kept Kiki and Fowler on , both should have been subbed around the hour mark could have been a better result.

Played very well but still they got forward a lot and did nothing.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Richard Dunne has just got man of the match, well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What an outstandingly brilliant save by james from Lampard in the dying seconds. Definite contender for save of the season. Dunne was awsome too and deserved his MOTM.

2 points dropped by Chelsea their lead cut to 9 it's far from over . United and Arsenal are still in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Yeah,what a great save!! And dunne's tackle on gudjohnson was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Almost fell off the chair when I saw James' save, an absolute cracker and he looked the calmest man on the pitch after he made it!

Down to 9 points now with 12 games to go and next week:

Everton v Chelsea
    Arsenal v Palace
    Man City v Manchester United

Interesting set of fixtures, Chelsea look at bit toothless without Robben.

Dunne got Sky Sports Man Of The Match today.

Indeed, greatest compliment to Robben was how Chelsea played today.
    I'm not a huge fan of Robben, but his affect was shown today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

WAYYYYY!! a nice boost for utd, should spur them on even more.

city got the luck, for once chelsea had the luck go against them and its about time. dunne was superb, james dodgy but fantastic. on another day he could have let in 2 or 3 and id be saying he was at fault for all of them, failing to parry them to safety or hold on to them.

but this was citys day, they fought hard, rode their luck and come on manutd!! :D

That was an absolute world class save in the last few seconds. And not for getting the save from the free kick which he must have only seen at the last second. And as for big richard dunne, kevin Keegan deserves great credit for sticking with him

PHB wrote:
    Indeed, greatest compliment to Robben was how Chelsea played today.
    I'm not a huge fan of Robben, but his affect was shown today

Well said PHB. Chelsea looked a totally different side without him. Duff was very quiet today also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Dunne has got man of the match this season against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U. Still only 25/26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Chelsea look at bit toothless without Robben.
    I think thats a bit harsh. They deserved to win this match and if it wasnt for James or Dunne they would have. They didnt look nearly as lethal but they did still have their chances.

Shocking how few they have scord when robben isnt playing tho.... Barcelona must be pretty pleased if Robben misses those matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Has anyone seen a worse footballer than Kiki Musampa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I wouldnt have called Chelsea "toothless" without Robben today. They hit the target 7 times. James made two great saves, and Dunne made a vital interception at the end which was probably Chelseas best chance. They were also missing Drogba, their top scorer.

But fair play to City, they deserved something from the game. Matin Tyler pointed out that they have taken points at Highbury and Old Trafford too. Its not surpirsing really they way they have been defending. Its strange to see considering KK is manager, but there are only 3 teams in the league that have conceeded fewer, Chelsea, United and Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Great performance by dunne and james. Chelsea could of had 5 or 6 but the ball didnt bounce for them.

9 points ahead, with the goal difference aswell, so thats 10 points the rest have to gain. Certainly makes it more interesting. the City united match should be a good one, and the everton chelsea. I

MrJoeSoap wrote:

NO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dunned played brilliant stuff
    WHAT A SAVE BY David james on lampards volley :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

PHB wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of Robben

Why would you say that you're not a huge fan? He's a class player and by your own admission Chelsea really missed him today.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Disappinted but not a disaster, this is the same City side that took points off gooners.

A few points to make:

Kezman is shocking.
    Tiago is an enigma, havent made up my mind yet still.
    Robben, come back soon.

James, Barton and Dunne best City players, Mustampa shockingy poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

well

i guess thats arsenal and man u motivated...

IF they can both beat chelsea...big IF...then its down to 3 points...

game on lol

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Why would you say that you're not a huge fan?
    I presume because he didn't sign for United. :) Anyway, I've seen Chelsea also struggle with Robben in the team so I wouldn't take anything away from City's performance.

smuckers wrote:
    Kezman is shocking.

thanks for reminding me, almost forgot about his disgraceful dive. should have been booked, no contact, trying to con the ref. similar to ashley cole although not as blatent. disgraceful behaviour. whatever about going down easily under contact, there was none whatsoever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

smemon wrote:
    thanks for reminding me, almost forgot about his disgraceful dive. should have been booked, no contact, trying to con the ref. similar to ashley cole although not as blatent. disgraceful behaviour. whatever about going down easily under contact, there was none whatsoever!

yep shocking dive, the worst thing about is was that if he kept on running he probably would have held onto the ball

Refs need to get consistant on this and just give an automatic yellow card

Can't believe he even gets a game for Chelsea, really poor

Confidence. A bit of that wouldn't do Kezman any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

smemon wrote:

And identical to Rooney's dive at Old Trafford..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Here Here....Everytime he got the ball I shouted for him to not try and run with it..he's like a big awkward centre back making his runs..and this obsession he has with giving the ball to the opposite team everytime he gets it...

• Advertisement

And identical to Rooney's dive at Old Trafford..

and vieira's against liverpool? all should be booked. rooneys is different as the ref thought it was a foul and gave the peno. (in other words made a decision)

for vieiras and kezmans, the ref seen it and played on, knowing it was a dive. my question is why didnt they produce a yellow card, having seen it was a dive??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Odd player for a while he was unstoppable in La Liga then well he got loaned to man city for some reason. When on form not many can catch him, lethal left foot.

Joins the ranks of hundreds of decent players but soon as they hit PL they suddenly **** :rolleyes: like Roque Junior semminlgy the ****test footballer ever.

kdjac

why?

Well the first time I heard of him was when he was a target for United, then he went to Chelsea, so obviously I didn't like him.

but the first time I saw him was was in the Euro champs, and I thought he was ****.
    Fancy trcikery that led nowhere and ultimately got pushed over by a strong wind.

However when he came to Chelsea, he obviously showed his worth.
    Played well, got undue credit imo compared to Duffers and Gudjohnson.
    Still feel he is a bit weak, and tends to go missing, doesn't work it practiclaly, relys on magic, which he produces a lot.
    thus I wasn't a huge fan of him, and wasn't particuarly encouring towards him getting better.

however you can see today how integeral he is to the Chelsea team, and its not until today that I just realised that Chelsea only have 2 wingers.
    For a squad that has so much depth in other areas, they only have 2 wingers, which is pretty crazy when you consider the fact there attacking system is built on two wingers.

PHB wrote:
    however you can see today how integeral he is to the Chelsea team, and its not until today that I just realised that Chelsea only have 2 wingers.
    And I can't even remember the last time Duff was used as a winger. BTW, I don't think Robben would have made much difference today, Keegan seems to be doing his homework on the big teams.

Here's Richard Dunne's last 5 ratings from Sky (even Duffer rarely gets 8 and 9's these days):

9 - 9 - 8 - 8 - 9

"Immense at the back"
    "Impressive throughout"
    "Rock at the back"
    "Solid in defence"
    "Outstanding performance"

Best form centre half in the premiership without a doubt.

edit, I've just realised how big an achievement it was for Dunne to get MOM in City's visits to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Highbury. Playing against over 30 of the best players in the world with Wright-Philips in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

even though im I Newcastle supporter , I have alwyas said I would rather Dunne than O'Brien to play for Ireland , and at the moment Dunne is showing why .
    Him and Cunningham together would be a rock solid defense .

• Advertisement
Advertisement