Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old speakers

Options
  • 06-02-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

First off let me say i am completely clueless about home entertainment stuff.

My dad has two Philips speakers made in holland c.1970s. They have model and serial numbers but i can find no ref. on the superweb.

they have a diagram on the back which shows a 8" woofer up top and tweeter below.4 ohm 20watt.

the cable coming out the back is just a regular covered split copper wire.

my Dad says they have a killer tone, much nicer than speakers on the big expensive system he bought recently (which he returned)

anyways he said i can have them but i only have a ****ty mini system and i dont want to use nice speakers with a crap stereo/amp. So my question is where can i get a good quality stereo FOR CHEAP? something very BASIC but with a good quality build, it dont need to be loud and i only want it to play cds - something to compliment the vintage sound of the speakers, not the usual plastic tat that passes for luxury these days.

Comments

Advertisement