Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Buttery 2moro

Options
  • 06-02-2005 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

poker returns to the Buttery Bar, Trinity College this monday 7th Feb.

€5 buy in.

€800 prize pool.

probably the last chance to get tiuckets for the Gresham as they're selling fast!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

My friend and I were in it. He's more experienced than me (I've only been playing ~ 2 months) anyway he won it outright. I lasted most of the way but didn't manage to get to the last table where I woulda got a ticket n a couple bob.

Know my mistake though. On the button with 6,7 suited. Everyone folded to me.. so I called seeing as it would prob be just me and the blinds. They called/checked. Flop comes out, KK10 rainbow. We all check. I was thinking about bluffing on the turn as the blinds are well worth a steal (half my stack at that point), and these lads were fairly predictable. Turn comes up A, check check to me, and here's where I bolixed it up.. I hesitated, lifted up my hand as if to check, then remembering I was gonna bluff it tried to recover and went all in. I cringe jus thinking about how obvious it was. This is the only time in the night my real-world poker inexperience really showed.. Had I had a semi-decent hand it would have been an expert move to MAKE someone with a highcard call me. As what ended up happening, a Q to my 7. :rolleyes:

Advertisement