Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to make perfect pancakes

• 06-02-2005 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Ok so i got the flour milk and eggs today , but i have no idea of how much of each is needed , so could someone tell me what quantitys to use to make some super pancakes ? :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

you need:

8oz flour
    pint of milk
    2 eggs
    tblsp of melted butter (optional but recommended)

Sieve flour into bowl.
    Make a well in the flour and break the eggs into it.
    Slowly beat the eggs with flour adding a little at a time.
    Then start adding the milk again a little at a time all the time bringing in more of the flour.
    Mix thouroughly so that there are no lumps. I find using an electric mixer is fine if you keep it a low speed.
    Finally add the melted butter, it helps to keep the pancakes from sticking to the pan.
    Leave to stand for as long as possible.

That makes some of the best pancakes in the world IMO ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I make the best pancakes, fact. I dont measure though, just throw some flour in, then a couple of eggs...caster sugar and away we go. I like em thin and crispy so i put margarine on the pan before each pancake and all around the edges. Fatty perfection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

140g flour sieved,
    300 ml water and milk mixture ( I like more milk than water)
    1 egg

Sieve flour into bowl and make a well in middle. Crack egg into bug and whisk. Pour into well along with some milk. Gradually whisk flour and liquid together, slowly adding more milk until you get the right consistency. I've found these quantites to be generally spot on, sometimes I need a little extra milk depending on the egg size.

Cover and pop into the fridge and leave to sit. You can mix this up in two minutes in the morning and then come home to ready made batter.

I use a small cast iron skillet to fry but any pan will do. Heat the pan, but not too hot, and melt a little butter (only real butter will do here folks). Pour in the required amount of batter. I tend to like thick panckaes myself, both for taste and for the fact that they're easier to turn in the pan

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh i cant wait , usually me mammy makes em , but im in the big bad world living with me fella now so i gotta make me own :)

Advertisement