Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remarkably quick thinking

Options
  • 01-03-2001 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

A TULLYCROSS farmer has denied in the District Court that he made a false injury claim.

The farmer, Mr Laurence Patrick Furlong, is seeking damages from a vet, Mr Myles Coffey, following a driving accident on June 12th 2000, when the defendant's vehicle hit his lorry. Ms Dymphna Snagge, defending, asked whether, at the scene of the accident, Mr Furlong had told Mr Coffey that he had 'never felt better in my life'? Mr Furlong: 'That is correct.' Ms Snagge: 'How come you are now claiming you were seriously injured when my client's car hit your lorry?' Mr Furlong: 'When Coffey got out of his vehicle, he went over to my horse Ollie, who was slightly injured and had a broken leg, and shot him. Then he went over to my dog, who was all banged up, and shot him too. When he asked me how I felt, I just felt under the circumstances that it was a wise choice of words to say I had never felt better in my life.' The case continues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

so what happened next?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Da'Bounca :so what happened next?

You don't think its actually real do you?

Advertisement