Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 6-series

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Praetorian wrote:
    I'll definitely be buying a beamer.
    RWD - can't beat it!
    Praetorian wrote:
    What do you guys drive?
    1997 E39 523i

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Praetorian wrote:
    I'll be back for even more advise then, if ye will give it ;)

Make sure you will! Happy to throw in another 2 cents then :)
    Praetorian wrote:
    What do you guys drive?

'96 735iA V8
    kbannon wrote:
    RWD - can't beat it!

So true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They are both very sweet cars. Yea I really like RWD. Have had a lot of fun in my fathers 240bhp 0-60 in ~6 seconds RX8 RWD. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

There's a bigger delay in a manual while you put your foot on the clutch, move the gearstick and take your foot off the clutch....

Call me old fashioned but I dont like the idea of tapping a paddle then 5 seconds later it decides to drop a gear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Rx-8 is a girls car, does your dad dress up in wimens underwear or anything ?
    /concerned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

All new bmw's are horrible, and they are just finished ruining the 3 series. the 635 (the old ones pictured above) is an awesome car I drove one for a while, it's pure madness. I also think it's particularly beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Have not seen to many girls driving the RX-8 defiantly would never consider this excellent car to be a girls car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

528i wrote:
    /concerned

LOL pushing as always. The roar of the M5 would frighten the pour toddler RX-8 alright. Agree though that a father of a male adolescent or adult buying an RX-8 might have a bit of an issue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

You also could buy three RX-8's for the price of a M5, don’t think that there would be to many BMW's in the same price bracket that would beat this car around a track. And just because the chap is probably in his fifties does not mean that he should surrender and buy an old mans car (IE 5 series BMW, Jag).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

My fathers is 45, and the car is certainly not a kitten. It's quite a fun car to drive, the acceleration, handling and top speed are all awesome. Be honest and admit you have never been in one. :) To be honest with you, it gets far more looks than most beamers get, because it's very rare. Admit it, beamers are as common as muck (I still love them though!). I was trying to talk him into an M3, but he thought it looked too ordinary :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

528i wrote:
    /concerned

why u asking? Do you have some panties to spare ?

or you just jealous when looking at RX8 rotary engine

'concerned' <- is the reason i asked. I hope you're not a w@nkel sympathiser too ?
    those things are a joke, and shouldn't even be allowed into washing machines.

you r so deeply sunk in that BMW leather that outside world seems to be just very distant.

and Bravo! yes, washing machine drum makes rotary movement

thanks for that little psycho analysis, might I remind you of the apparent 'nihil obstat' of piston powered combustivness from your nonsensical honda avatar

i think u r loosing grip and your traction controlled sandals need to visit BMW service.

Would you like me to include jet-engines in my signature ? I like them too.

Advertisement