Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Booting/Restarting problem in XP

• 07-02-2005 5:59am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Took a look at a friends compuer yesterday, she said it wasn't working and doing very strange things. I turned it on, loads normally until it gets to the Windows XP loading screen, it just restarts itself. Also, there are loads of vertical lines on the screen where the XP logo is on a black background.

If I go into safe mode, the computer will load, but there are no icons on the desktop and no programs installed. In Device Manager there is a yellow ! beside a PCI to USB controller - not too sure what this is... Its a PIII, says 32mb of ram at startup (I know, but she said it has been working fine for months before this)

Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement