Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help (with games development courses)

Options
  • 07-02-2005 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

does anyone know where to go to learn games devlopment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Kio wrote:
    learn games devlopment?

Man, talk about unspecific! :rolleyes:

What do you want to know about what?

Managing game development, programming, 3D modelling...? Current games take teams of at least 50 people to develop, you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Well, you were pretty vauge as to what aspect your interested in so

http://www.bcfe.ie/animult/frames_multimedia.html

about 1 or 2 courses down (probably not a course *I* would go for if I wanted to get into game dev)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Carlow IT has a new course on games programming that started this year, backed by Microsoft. No idea how good it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Theres a game programming course in IT Carlow, but as far as 3rd level education is concerned you'd be better off in another country. If you want to go into programming your best bet is to just learn programming and see what happens from there. www.gamedev.net is a good place for amateur developers, also have a look at www.gamasutra.com also another great source for budding game developers.

I've been making little games for a few years now-not commercial games, and this year i've started my first proper game, believe me if you don't like stress and late night coding do not get into game programming. Though it would probably seem more worth while if I was actually getting paid.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

New courses in Ireland in the main section, with all of them listed by category in the left hand menu... http://www.gamedevelopers.ie/resources/courses/ - have a look around the site for other advice etc too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm going for an oul degree in comp sci... DIT have things you focus on specificially in fourth year. one of them being game development. :)

Advertisement