Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 Star DSs from Nintendo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Well it didn't come today, so I'll probably get it tomorrow. Kirby said a postman brought it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah. When it came this morning it resulted in kirby running down the stairs in her pyjamas... It's sent by ParcelForce, whio I think are the UK's version of SDS...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sorry to keep going on about it, but mine still hasn't arrived and I'm getting worried. Just so I have it clear, it's not the regular postman that delivers it, it's Parcelforce and you have to sign for it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

GLS normally deal with Parcelforce's deliverys in Ireland.

Mine still hasn't come.... I'm assuming they don't deliver on the weekend, so I'll have to wait till monday... *sniff*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

sound_wave wrote:
    yeah my T-shirt is extra large, im wearing mine today, albeit under my hoody! ill wear it in my next lecture for the craic! i got up to 53 yesterday! anyone know how many levels are in the demo?

you big nerd pat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Syth wrote:
    Mine still hasn't come.... I'm assuming they don't deliver on the weekend, so I'll have to wait till monday... *sniff*
    You might want to give Nintendo a ring to get a tracking ID - then ring GLS and see if you can pick it up, they're over in a retail park in Blanch (near Symantic, but not the same park I think...)

You might want to give Nintendo a ring to get a tracking ID - then ring GLS and see if you can pick it up, they're over in a retail park in Blanch (near Symantic, but not the same park I think...)
    Yeah I might do that. It's a shame that they are only open normal office hours, as I am in college during most office hours. International call from my mobile? That'll be cheap. I'll wait till monday, and see if it has turned up by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

any news on the DS' lads? :confused:

It's two weeks since they took the money from my account and still nothing. Got onto Nintendo on Friday and got a tracking number. Despite the fact that it was sent last Tuesday using a 'guarenteed' 48 hour delivery to Ireland, there's still no sign of it. Christ only knows when I'm going to get it now.

I just check the tracking number and this is what I get...

14-02-2005 10:24 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Parcel in warehouse

14-02-2005 09:36 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Arrived at destination country

11-02-2005 09:24 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Parcel in warehouse

11-02-2005 09:23 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Held in foreign depot

11-02-2005 09:22 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Arrived at destination country

10-02-2005 12:34 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Rerouted to correct destination

10-02-2005 09:58 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Parcel in warehouse

10-02-2005 09:57 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Sorted to wrong delivery route

09-02-2005 23:27 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Rerouted to correct destination

08-02-2005 22:16 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange

08-02-2005 17:47 WDM Online

• Advertisement

I'm going to ring them up tomorrow and try to sort this out.

Did they not tell you where the warehouse is supper_fury? I reckon it wouldn't be too much bother to go out and pick it up yourself. It's getting a bit ridiculus...

I'm fairly sure that it's in Ballycoolin, Dublin 11 but haven't really had the chance to track them down yet due to work and what not. I'm off all day tomorrow though, so I hope to get it sorted out then, it's getting beyond the joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I can guarantee (almost) your DSs are being delayed by GLS. They are notorious for poor deliverys to private addresses. Hence why I had mine set to me at work.

The missus got to level 65 on Wario, and my family are bringing back a few games from the States on Thursday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

level 65 :eek:

I got to about 51 - was that the end of the demo, or did she lose all her lives?

Level 65? Woah. I am impressed.
    My best is level 54...

i got to level 57 last night. The best lives wise i got to was about level 45, then it all goes pear shaped!

that woman must have reflexes like a cat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

ondafly wrote:
    family are bringing back a few games from the States on Thursday for me.

What ones you going for?

What do you lot think of the metroid demo. Its pretty impresive stuff for a handheld to do a decent FPS.

No one plaing the Mario mini games?

Rew wrote:
    No one plaing the Mario mini games?

i am! especially the luigi one where you have to clear the cards touching vertically, horizontally or diagonally! had me up all hours the other night :D

To be honest i havent played metroid enough to get a real good feel of it! Having said that it is very impressive alright.
    What does everyone think of the thumb strap? I really have to start using it!

I like the Metroid demo. Of course I spent my first few minutes playing it looking for the lock on, but once you get into it the control system becomes very natural. I just hope that when Hunters gets released that there's a proper adventure to it, and that it's not entirely geared at multiplayer. I just wonder how boss fights will work in it. I just hope that they remember that Metroid is primarily an adventure game, not a pure FPS.
    And I found that the thumb strap only really has a use for Super Mario 64 DS so far, it's not precise enough for Metroid. It'll probably have a use for other platformers like Rayman DS and that sort of thing.

I rang up nintendo today and the reason mine hasn't come yet is because they got my credit card details wrong. I gave them the correct details there today, so it'll probably take a while for it to come now. :mad:

They really should have emailed me back if there was a problem with my credit card, I had to chase them up. Poor customer service I say. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

nintendo?, poor customer service?, never!

sound_wave wrote:
    i am! especially the luigi one where you have to clear the cards touching vertically, horizontally or diagonally! had me up all hours the other night :D

To be honest i havent played metroid enough to get a real good feel of it! Having said that it is very impressive alright.
    What does everyone think of the thumb strap? I really have to start using it!
    The Lugi ones are great my girl friend has a scary ability to beat the machine at poker (she has a score of 238!). I like the one where you play the odds on picking the higher value card.

There is a nasty scratch on my touch screen from mario's bomb sorting game (she has a score of 206 in that!)

I like the Metroid demo. Of course I spent my first few minutes playing it looking for the lock on, but once you get into it the control system becomes very natural. I just hope that when Hunters gets released that there's a proper adventure to it, and that it's not entirely geared at multiplayer. I just wonder how boss fights will work in it. I just hope that they remember that Metroid is primarily an adventure game, not a pure FPS.
    And I found that the thumb strap only really has a use for Super Mario 64 DS so far, it's not precise enough for Metroid. It'll probably have a use for other platformers like Rayman DS and that sort of thing.
    I disagree. Thum strap is the only way to play metroid! No way I could use the stylus. Took a bit of practice but I have it down now. Needs a sensitivity setting though. Its very hard to do a 180. I cannt use it in mario at all. Totally agree about Metroid being an adventure game. Would be pretty **** to have a single palyer multiplayer style game (if you know what i mean).

Still no joy. The useless shower of ****ers at GLS have had my DS in their warehouse for six days now and are lying about 'attempted deliveries.' Got on the phone yesterday and was told they tried to deliver it at 11:30am - a time when I was at home. Got told that it would definately be out today and nothing, so I got on again, asked to speak to a manager who after about 20 minutes on hold pretty much laughed it all off.

Woohoo, just got it an hour ago. After much harassment of GLS and some thinly veiled threats, they finally sent it out. I can't believe how good Metroid looks in action - screenshots do not do this game justice.

Damn it, now I want my DS more. It should have posted by now. I'll wait a few days. C'mon Ninty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Got up to 61 in WarioWare just now. That loo roll one bloody merciless once the speed ramps up, even to hardened masturbaters like... this guy I know.

65 is crazy numbers!

Syth's one arrived today. He's obviously too busy playing to post.

Yep I got mine yesterday. Tis great! Managed to beat kirby at multiplayer metroid today. That was sweet. I was on the DART comming into college today, and most people probably thought "Weirdo playing computer games, their just for kids", until I heard one guy (older than me) say "Sweet, a DS!". Tis a good way to meet fellow gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

OT with a hint of interweb stalker: Kirby, was it you I played against in UCD the other week? Reasonably dashing lad, and I pwned, if that helps.

Advertisement