Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 Star DSs from Nintendo

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In G15 on a friday morning? Possibly...
    And yes, I suck at multiplayer Hunters. To an insane degree.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

In G15 on a friday morning? Possibly...
    And yes, I suck at multiplayer Hunters. To an insane degree.
    Is it cause your using the stylus?

;)

Nope. I'm even worse with the thumbstrap. And my friends are good with the stylus.

Nope. I'm even worse with the thumbstrap. And my friends are good with the stylus.
    TBH im just jelous that you get to play multiplayer DS... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote:
    TBH im just jelous that you get to play multiplayer DS... :(
    That'll learn you for living in Waterford! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Yep I got mine yesterday. Tis great! Managed to beat kirby at multiplayer metroid today. That was sweet. I was on the DART comming into college today, and most people probably thought "Weirdo playing computer games, their just for kids", until I heard one guy (older than me) say "Sweet, a DS!". Tis a good way to meet fellow gamers.

I don't think I could risk playing my ds on the dart for fear of what you said.

stranger on dart 1 : 'look at him playing with his toy'

stranger on dart 2 : 'ssssh! he must have some sort of learning difficulty'

I had an old lady frowning at me on the 49 this morning while I played Super Mario 64 DS for the 1 hour 40 minutes it took me to get into town... I really don't care what people think.

Yeah, but I'd just look like a big spasmo and I know as soon as I start to play my ds I'd get a bunch of school kids coming up to me asking for a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Nephew wrote:
    Yeah, but I'd just look like a big spasmo and I know as soon as I start to play my ds I'd get a bunch of school kids coming up to me asking for a go.
    Yeah but when you beat them it's funny.

And I don't really pay enough attention to what other people are doing to notice them saying/whispering/frowning at me.

• Advertisement

So what games have you guys got?

I was just about to buy Mario Kart Advance on Play but I noticed they have Mario kart DS penciled for a march release, are play being naively optimistic?

Doubt it... I think thats there holding date for loads of games that thyey have no date for... It wasn't on the Q2 release list thay they put out today. Ib fact there are no decent games set for relese im a bit pissed off with the DS software line up...

I've just got Super Mario 64 DS and the WarioWare and Metroid demos for the moment. And a buttload of GBA games, it's Metroid Fusion in the GBA slot of the DS at the moment.

I'll go ahead and order Mario Kart Advance so.

I looked at the Ds release dates a few weeks ago and to be honest there was nothing really spectaular that would make someone sitting on the fence choose the Ds over the Psp in my opinion. I bought the ds mainly for Mario Kart Ds and in the hope of seeing a few n64 classics. I've heard a rumour that Pro Evo is coming out anyone have any hard info?

I've the two demo's, Mario and Tiger Woods. I'm not exactly a golf fan but its a great game. The sound is terrible (well non existent), the graphics are quite blocky and the putting is frustrating because the computer does it for you. So no matter how good you're playing it might take 7 shots to putt the ball on the green because the computer does it for you. The computer a.i is a cheating bastard too but despite its faults its a great game and the use of the touch screen for hitting the ball is great.

Whats the best street fighter game on the GBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Since I got Tiger Woods I've not taken it out of my DS. It's great fun. I finally got the hang of the putting and once you do it's ok.

I'm just waiting for Ridge Racer to arrive now.

I wouldn't mind trying multiplayer either - must wander around UCC and see if anyone else has a DS.

Has anyone got Polarium/Chokkan Hitofude yet? Looks interesting, plus it's gonna be a bit cheaper than the other DS launch games.

Once you look past its faults tiger woods is a great game and I'll probably be still playing it this time next year. I heard multiplayer isn't meant to be up to much though but the sound is really crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Doh, didn't notice this on their website - that'll teach me to visit regularly. Is this offer still running? Have a few thousand stars and nothing to use them on (except wallpapers) :rolleyes: :(

Mixie wrote:
    Doh, didn't notice this on their website - that'll teach me to visit regularly. Is this offer still running? Have a few thousand stars and nothing to use them on (except wallpapers) :rolleyes: :(

Long gone im afraid, they were all snapped up within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Probably just as well, have too much work to be doing anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got Mario and the Mario and Metroid demos. However, I've ordered Warioware, Feel the Magic and Mr Driller, all of which should be here early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

deRanged wrote:

I wouldn't mind trying multiplayer either - must wander around UCC and see if anyone else has a DS.

I'm game for some multiplayer metroid! you around college today? ive been dying to try out metroid, im pretty crap though!
    Pm me or just reply here!

Advertisement