Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shell V-Power

Options
  • 07-02-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Anyone used this petrol? Actually notice a difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

It's rubbish ... Its still 95ron but supposedly 'cleaner' in the UK V-Power is 98ron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

It costs more than regular unleaded, so why would i buy it? Besides, I get mine at Tescos, mmm, 87.9cent a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

bought Tesco petrol once, car did not run properly for weeks afterwards.. know a few people that had a similar experience..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I used to work in a garage and there was this old couple with a new car and they filled up their car (which was a year or 2 old) with petrol from this filling station that was the cheapest in town. We couldn't figure out the problem for ages. So they stopped using it and used another filling station instead.

I really think it depends on the engine, injectors and the like, I always fill my car up in tescos and its not that old, and I havent come across any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

edmund_f wrote:
    bought Tesco petrol once, car did not run properly for weeks afterwards.. know a few people that had a similar experience..

They should stay away from statoil so - because it's Statoil petrol. Been using Tesco almost exclusively since they opened in Finglas - not a bother.

To answer the original question, you'll only notice the difference in a high performance engine - and even then the extra oomph is less then the oomph out of your wallet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Dont Laugh ...but my lawnmower(a Honda) seems to run better on it !! :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

Borzoi wrote:
    They should stay away from statoil so - because it's Statoil petrol. Been using Tesco almost exclusively since they opened in Finglas - not a bother.

To answer the original question, you'll only notice the difference in a high performance engine - and even then the extra oomph is less then the oomph out of your wallet :)

just an opinion.. have seen it on my 156, and my girlfriends Kia Rio, me personally will just go to shell

Would explain why the Statoil down the road from Tesco is the same price though (or at least the last time i was up it was)

did think it was a bit suspicious the way Shell had the 'green' petrol out.. cleans your engine... less emissions etc, that dissapeared and then suddenly the 'V-Power' fuel comes out..

seems my paranoia is coming along nicely..

Advertisement