Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap NYC Hotels?

• 07-02-2005 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

anyone know of cheap hotels in NYC? i'm looking to book somewhere for september.. at the moment flights seem to be around 900 for 2 people.. i'd hopefully like to go for 10 days and i'd like to stay around the 1600e mark if possible for flights and hotel.. will i get that or should i just look to book a package holiday?

also, i'd like the hotel to be as close to manhatten as possible, i dont really want to be traveling in and out of the city everyday.

one more question, if i were to book on travelocity's US based site, will i need to have a US address for postage?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I'd say 1600 is a little tight for flights and accommodation for 10 days. Unless you get a good package deal and plan to go towards the end of september.

Have you tried hostels? You can get private rooms for 2 people for about $20 - 30 dollars per person in Manhattan. There are kitchen facilities so you can cook your own food instead of spending loads of cash in restaurants.

Also traveling from Brooklyn to Manhattan isn't a big deal - its about 15 mins or less in the sub which is safe enough. You'd get better deals for accommodation in west Brooklyn aswell.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Stayed here a few months back, very resonable, 118th st in Manhatten

http://www.102brownstone.com/rates.asp

Check tripadvisor.com before you book anything

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

The Bedford Hotel is excellent value. Clean and very well located. Grand Central 2 mins walk, Empire State 10 mins walk and Broadway only about 15-20 mins walk. Its not The Hilton but if you're on a budget it's ideal. I've recommended it to a rake of peeps in work and they all loved it - I think it was actually renovated a couple of months ago.

www.bedfordhotel.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I stayed in a hotel on Madison avenue during the summer. About $80 for a double room. Can't remember the street it was near or its exact name. Anyway, thats no help to you at all.
    Stayed in the International Youth Hostel just of Central Park also. Really nice and very safe and secure, some where about 82nd street and Amsterdam avenue. About $40 a night but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

A few of us stayed in the Herald Square hotel last summer for a weekend. it was fine, no complaints, and the price was good.
    http://www.heraldsquarehotel.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I booked 12 days in august worked out 1200 probably cost more in september with 911 and all. Got the hotel from ebookers.ie a friend said he stayed there before it was basic but clean was called hotel thirty thirty i think. Dont get a package deal book the hotel online and flights online will cost you a good bit more getting a package deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I booked flights last October on the www.continental.com site from Shannon to Newark — leaving this weekend. 254 euro each (return), which I thought was fantastic.

Also booked the Best Western President (on the recommendation of someone else who knew someone etc. etc.). Booked it on hotelclub.com. Think it was around 80 euro per night for a double room.

I was told to stay away from the Bedford, which was a couple of euro cheaper per night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

i recently stayed in The Pennsylvania, accross the road from madison sq, a few blocks from times sq and right beside macy's. Check www.cheaphotels.com i got it off this website. I

ts decent enough although we got put in a room that was a kip, paint flaking, dirty, on the 2nd floor with a great view of a wall. we complained and got moved up to the 16th floor, nice room and amazing view of the skyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

i recently stayed in The Pennsylvania, accross the road from madison sq, a few blocks from times sq and right beside macy's. Check www.cheaphotels.com i got it off this website. I

ts decent enough although we got put in a room that was a kip, paint flaking, dirty, on the 2nd floor with a great view of a wall. we complained and got moved up to the 16th floor, nice room and amazing view of the skyline.

Had friends who stayed there two years back. Was cheap but they had the same experience... dirty carpet.. paint flaking.. even had to shower with their socks on the bath was that dirty :(

I usually stay in the Howward Johnson Plaza on 51st and 8th. Not far from times square and price is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

• Advertisement
Advertisement