Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

england kicked out if violence continues

• 18-06-2000 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

hahahaha
    "its not our fault, its the belgian authorities fault for letting them travel"
    hahaha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't know if thats completely fair on them, potentially being booted from the competition, although there's little else, action-wise, that UEFA could really do to get rid of the problem of the thugs that follow that team around...

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I reakon the "morons" following England will not listen to this. As far as I'm concerned they should be turfed out and banned from the next World Cup campaign until they can prove that Engeeerrlaaaanndd fans will not fight and smash up every city they have a match in.

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont care if its "fair" on a sports team if they arent allowed play.

What about the innocent owners of property in Belgium?? Whose going to pay for the damage done by the hooligans...?

Tom.

fair point... but chuck out the troublemakers, not the team.

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

By kicking out the team, the violent "fans" are also kicked out...

They don't have a match to go to and so don't have a lame excuse to riot and generally be drunken, annoying, vicious, fúckheads.

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress
    - -SK- Clan site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The hardcore hooligan element could care less if they had a match to go to or not.

Agreed, CT.

And- a lot of those "drunken, annoying, vicious, fúckheads" are now being banned for life from all England games (and club games?) - home AND away, so that's *something*, I guess...

Bard

home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

and now they're looking for the same dillema thing to be handed out to turkey after the riots after thier win..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm glad they got knocked out rather than having to listen to them moan about how they were unfairly chucked out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Exactly. I have better things to do than watch ''Irish'' manager Mik McCarthy on English TV saying how the Truks should be thrown out of the tournament before the English.

The British commentators even said that the Turks violence was worse yet I didn't see the belgian police haveing to use fire hoses on them.

And then they go and say the Yugoslavs should be thrown out becsue 2 fans ran onto the pitch.

They really were clutching at straws and its good to see them go out.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement