Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty United Offensive

Options
  • 07-02-2005 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

What you all think of it ? Think it whips the first ones arse, more gameplay but Steph you hate vechiles ect..........

what you all think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Very good except for the lag caused by the larger maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Top notch stuff..... Base assault is my favourite at the moment, I think it allows for more of a strategic game.

I'm sorta new at it though. Are there any Irish Clans/Servers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

i'm absolutely hooked on it. have dreams about being a sniper - starting to get worried !!

not really into the whole tanks/jeeps maps. the new united offensive versions of the older maps are great.

i try to convince myself that reason i need broadband is for work - its not...its for COD

like the Tanks/Jeeps and 88's..... hate the snipers :mad:

Stimpyone wrote:
    hate the snipers

i understand - i hate them too. 99% of the time I play as German with MP40. Have been getting in the habit of picking up a sniper rifle and sniping the annoying snipers !! or bunnyhoppers....dont get me started on bunnyhoppers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have a quick question. Ive played the default maps that came with UO. However, which maps are available to download that are popular? Would like a bit of change.

Any help appreciated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

i never really got into UO myself, not many good teams play it and so would only ever play it for a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Loobz wrote:
    I have a quick question. Ive played the default maps that came with UO. However, which maps are available to download that are popular? Would like a bit of change.

I have a map pack, havent installed it yet, ill let you know what its like :D

Loobz wrote:

Turn on "allow downloads" in your multiplayer option screen. That way anytime you log on to a server with a new map, skins, weapons or whatever you automatically down load them and you should be good to go.

Very handy :D

crowl wrote:
    i never really got into UO myself, not many good teams play it and so would only ever play it for a laugh

dunno about that!, the standard has increased dramatically recently. Bit of a pain for the casual player like me..... cos I'm crap :(

• Advertisement

Stimpyone wrote:
    dunno about that!, the standard has increased dramatically recently.

i agree - i tend to look for team servers, players tend to have a better clue of whats going on and also the map types seem to rotate more often (i.e. team deathmatch, behind enemy lines, ctf, etc)

scargill wrote:
    i tend to look for team servers

I tend to just go for the server with the lowest ping and the highest amount on players online.... you do get the odd anoying noob, but it tends to be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Stimpyone wrote:
    I tend to just go for the server with the lowest ping and the highest amount on players online.... you do get the odd anoying noob, but it tends to be ok

Same as me - always a good laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Drapper is right when he says I dislike UO.

To me it was a step back... CoD, in my opinion, is a pure FPS where skill is a must in order to get high scores on servers and/or to be part of a good clan.

When I played UO online, I didn't find skill to be much of a requirement and that was disappointing. Especially on these big maps with vehicles and panzerfausts everywhere... Noobs have as much a chance as players who spent hours playing CoD in order to develop their skill.

Now don't get me wrong: UO is beautifully made and I understand why most of you like it! And I'm happy it's doing well online also. But the majority of people I know (mostly in France) who play CoD since its release dislike UO for the same reasons as myself.

I did enjoy playing UO on the CoD maps though... It made it more interesting with the new weapons and the smoke grenades but even still, I'm a CoD man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im not mad about it either i love the new weapons the the smoke nades add a complete new level to it but hate the levels with tanks and stuff in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Steffano2002 would you still recommend trying out UO? I'll probably buy it anyway. I loved CoD about this time last year. I don't know why I stopped playing.

I was pretty much a happy go lucky player. Sometimes I was slaughtered, other times I amazed myself. Absolutely no consistency! I too hate the snipers. It's just more fun to run around with a machine gun than hiding in a bush looking through a scope for moving shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

cregser wrote:
    Steffano2002 would you still recommend trying out UO? I'll probably buy it anyway. I loved CoD about this time last year. I don't know why I stopped playing.
    Yes I would. The Single Player Mode is really good! I'm not a big fan of the Multiplayer Mode but some people prefer it to CoD so I guess it's just a question of taste... I love the new weapons and the smoke grenades just like spooky donkey. They do indeed add a whole new dimension to the game ;)
    cregser wrote:
    i was pretty much a happy go lucky player. Sometimes I was slaughtered, other times I amazed myself. Absolutely no consistency! I too hate the snipers. It's just more fun to run around with a machine gun than hiding in a bush looking through a scope for moving shadows.
    Some players hide and snipe, some rush like lunatic headless chicken... Everybody got his own style I guess. I don't hate snipers even if sometimes they frustrate me. It's part of the game... And in real wars, there are snipers so I guess they're here to stay...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah its worth it for the single player mode though its real short but great all the same. Just its not worth playing the multi player mode i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

UO is awesome! I love the MP

Gewehr is AWESOME!

Russian Tokarev sucks though

Sniping scopes are very good(Russian is the best)

graphics were tweaked

maps are nice but IMHO too big, like foy, there are very little servers that support more then 25 players, cassino is a great map

I still play COD cause there are more servers with pavlov(I don't know why but pavlov is almost never played in UO), but UO was definitely worth a buy

and btw, I love sniping, it's awesome!

there is no game that has better sniping then COD, the feel of distance, scopes, the rifle sounds = super!

I tried BF1942 and it's sniping SUCKED, CS is unreal too so that leaves COD

COD2 will be an instant buy for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Checkout our clanserver here for great UO fun.
    Its in UK but many Irish on it.

[G.F.F] clanserver 212.23.5.120:28960
    We have a great bunch of regulars on nightly.
    We also have a public team speak server ,just register on our forums and your forum name and password is your route to team speak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement