Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€52 Insurance

Options
  • 07-02-2005 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Woohoo!!!!
    I got insured (name driver) today with a AXA for €52 until end of August on our '00 Nissan Primera 1.6L. Went in to ask how much would it cost for me to get full insurance on a car of similar to that or smaller. In July they will give full insurance for €1000 on the same car when I have built up a record of 5 years name driver on company insurance.
    Was really surprised with the price. Last year I got insured at the same time for the same duration at a cost of about €1000 and slightly more the year before.
    Have full licence for 2.5yrs and only turned 25 last week.
    Getting old has its advantages.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Do axa count being named on a company policy, Quinn direct don't n it sucks cause i've been on one for the past 5 years but it means nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sounds like they added you as a named driver to an existing policy (your wife maybe). The €52 probably covers mostly administration fees for changing the policy, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Some Insurance company's have very good deals for Husband/Wife policies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its cause you turned 25 that it went down. same thing happened me on my mum's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya, AXA count named driver on company insurance. Has really helped with quote.
    Not married, was added to my mothers policy. It is her car. Have been insured on the car a few times before but usually costs at least €1000 for 7months cover. Now only €52 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rabies wrote:
    It is her car. Have been insured on the car a few times before but usually costs at least €1000 for 7months cover.

OMG! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Rabies wrote:
    Not married, was added to my mothers policy. It is her car. Have been insured on the car a few times before but usually costs at least €1000 for 7months cover.

Afaik insurance companies only count consequetive FULL years as a named driver when you are going for your own insurance. Thats what they're telling me at the moment anyway :(
    So if you had been on it for 4 7month periods it'll mean sweet f a whe getting a quote for yourself even though you'll have over 2 years named driver insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Scruff wrote:
    Afaik insurance companies only count consequetive FULL years as a named driver when you are going for your own insurance. Thats what they're telling me at the moment anyway

That is what I was told anyway when I got insurance this year - but I had 5 yrs complete named

Scruff wrote:
    Afaik insurance companies only count consequetive FULL years as a named driver when you are going for your own insurance. Thats what they're telling me at the moment anyway :(
    So if you had been on it for 4 7month periods it'll mean sweet f a whe getting a quote for yourself even though you'll have over 2 years named driver insurance
    Ya that is what i was told this morning. My terms insured on the car over the years don't matter at all. Only my company insurace matters because it is on going for the past 4.5yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Be very careful not to cause a claim. Your mothers insurance would jump up and it would be excruciatingly expensive then to get your own policy

Happy and safe motoring :)

• Advertisement

She already claimed on her insurance a couple of years ago, wrote off the car. That is why I was paying so much for a few months insurance as name driver. The first year it was €2000. Came down to about €1000 after that. Now it is €52 a year later.

I won't be driving the car much anyway. Insured on other vehicles also so not worrried too much about the car.

Want to buy my own car at the end of the summer when I have some money banked and take out my own insurance then. Already quoted €1000 for the same car in my own name. Although prob will go for a 1.4L car for the first year with my own insurance.

Advertisement