Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know how to fast-track DSL install?

• 07-02-2005 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Which provider is quickest at supplying DSL? I’ve an order in with IOL but am very tempted to tell them to stick it, if I can find someone faster.

Do telecom companies have to sign a contract which promises that they will be totally unprofessional and have absolutely no regard for customer service before they get a licence to trade?

I've been trying for over a month now. First of all Eircon kept telling me that my line was not DSL compatible, (eventhough my exchange is, and I live about 50 yards from it!). Then when they got their finger out, I ordered DSL from IOL.

First Attempt: - I filled out their on-line order form. When I didn’t get a e-mail response after 2 days, I emailed them. A day later, still no reply to my e-mail, so I tried again. 2 days later, no reply, so I phoned them (this was on a Friday). Apparently they had received my order, but some of it was “missing” (why didn’t the idiots phone me to ask me the missing details, nobody knows!) I didn’t have my Eircon account number at the time, so I said I’d phone back the following Monday.

Second Attempt: I phoned on the Monday (2 weeks ago today) to give them the missing account number. The guy on the other end of the line took my phone number, he could not find any trace of my initial order, so he took all my details again, told me they would be in touch in 2 weeks to give me a date.

Third Attempt: I phoned today, gave my phone number. “Sorry sir, your order has a “note” on it which says it’s missing your account number, this was obviously the order that “second attempt” guy could not find, so I am back to the start again!! I asked today’s guy to email me a confirmation that my order had been processed, I’m still waiting!

I phoned Eircon, but they tell me that they take 2-3 weeks to provide the service, which is the same as IOL (providing they don’t loose my order, AGAIN!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

This forum is full of people complaining about delays and lost orders, specifically with IOL Broadband, they are a disaster in this regard. I ordered Eircom Broadband online at http://www.eircom.ie and was connected 48 hours later. Eircom themselves are by far the fastest for getting broadband setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mylo

eircom own the exchanges. any other company that provides a dsl service over a phone line have to deal with eircom. cut out the middle man, just deal with eircom if you want the quickest setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I've been waiting since September to get IOLBB.

* INSERT PERSPECTIVE *

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

anthonymcg wrote:
    I've been waiting since September to get IOLBB.

:)
    Well, if thats the case, I'm off to Eircom!

Thanks lads

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Ring up and say you'll be switching providers if they dont hurry up. Sorted mine out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

I have already emailed them, and have put in my order with Eircom!

Advertisement