Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway nite life

• 07-02-2005 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me is there still good crac in Galway at the weekends or does it only get busy when tourist session starts. Love Galway to bits but don't want to have a crap wkend if mad quite

And is there any new clubs and good pubs i should hit when im down there?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Place is full of old people at the weekends man.

good pubs
    Kings Head, Cellar, Sallys.

Cheap; Mixers, Fibbers, Hole in the wall (depends on ewhat ya drink though.)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ruadan wrote:
    Cheap; Mixers, Fibbers, Hole in the wall (depends on ewhat ya drink though.)
    I heartily dis-endorse these places. They're chav central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

www.karma.ie is okay , was down there last summer, fri night and sat night

on sat night it gets very packed ( we pre-booked a VIP space upstairs, well worth it)

:)

Robbo wrote:
    I heartily dis-endorse these places. They're chav central.

dude i said they were cheap, not that they were good, and chavs are an English subcullture.

and Karma is soo far up its own arse its unbelievable, only open occasionally, and hastle you endlessly when they are open.

Cuba is better, or the Warrick if ye don't mind a walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus, go to a pub with some character, and atmosphere, that isn't filled with plebs.

I recommend: Neactains, Sally Longs and The Blue Note.

• Advertisement

Rosn Dubh. TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Rosín Dubh I can agree with, especially if there's a decent band playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

what kind of night are you looking for? Chart music and picking up birds. or good music + good crowds and a laugh?

I second the Blue Note, such a great pub. The GPO has improved recently, especially the Drum, Cuba is pretty good, but i have not been there in a while.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hedge 2

there is a new club that is just on the outskirts of the city. its called vertigo and only opened after xmas! has 4 floors wit a vip area. its galways biggest club by far anyway! :o well worth a visit,,,,,, see pics on www.vertigobar.ie/.com.

check it out, its a place not to be missed! :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

can you guys tell me is wednesday night the new "thursday night"? some guy told me this on the bus... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ruffty^ wrote:
    can you guys tell me is wednesday night the new "thursday night"? some guy told me this on the bus... :confused:
    Totally. And brown is the new black. Also, leather jackets are the new charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the vic can be a good laugh on the saturdays when 110th street are playing (seems to be galways new gay club though, which is a bit weird :confused:)
    091 is also decent there

pub wise; the blue note and the living room would be 2 of my favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Robbo wrote:
    Totally. And brown is the new black. Also, leather jackets are the new charisma.

Damn, my thursday mornings are crap, leather jackets? I don`t think any1 would take me serious if I wore a leather jacket (being 17) it would look like I`ve something to "hide" :D;):o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ruffty^ wrote:

Dunno about the status quo, but I've been out on a few Weds nights lately, had a good time on all of them.
    Thursday can be good, but I'm finding it hard enough to find places that I like.

Was out last monday at the Jinx Lennon gig in Róisíns, really good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Devanert

"Damn, my thursday mornings are crap, leather jackets? I don`t think any1 would take me serious if I wore a leather jacket (being 17) it would look like I`ve something to"

Well, im actually 16, and i wear leather jackets all the time. . . nice for going out, although i have been confused for a biker :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wednesdays are 90's nights in boo radleys good old fashioned drunken fun!
    sally longs plays good music on wed too....
    responding to some stuff above.....GPO has improved to bein absolute crap.
    worst club ever been too..... good pubs are sallys,fibbers,red square,roisin dubh,the quays.kings head,the livingroom(for matches)and the cellar are good occasionally.
    mostly its the ppl your with that make it good tbh,all ya really need is that,somethin playing in the background(wed sallys rock/metal oh thats good) and a 3 euro pint.

Advertisement