Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone RTG (Pre-Pay) Handset Packs

Options
  • 07-02-2005 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

From end of Feb/beginning of March Vodafone are changing the way they pack their handsets to improve their logistics etc. Anyway what this means to us customers is that all Handsets available to Pay Monthly customers will also be available in Ready to Go range.

So the likes of the 6100 & 6230 and all those phones that usually had to be bought simfree and without free call credit will now be available to prepay customers.

They are also changing the credit included to €90 (paid monthly @ €10pm x 9) for new number packs and €100 (paid monthly @ €10pm x 10) for upgrade packs.

So if you were thinking of buying a phone simfree because it wasn't available in Ready to Go ... wait a few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Where did you hear this?
    I'm suprised actually as there's less incentive for people to move to post pay to get the phones they want now. And so much call credit?! Wonder if O2 will follow suit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

70% of the market in pre-paid so it will take alot to shift the balance.

Vodafone are geraing themselves up for a new entrant to the market with deep pockets . Roll on July!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Let's not get too worked up. You do know that some of these will be €500 and above.
    Still though, it does give options, which I like.

Sure Meteor have always done this haven't they.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sounds good. Is there a source for this information though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

i take that it doesnt mean 3g tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

As I mentioned a while ago HERE Vodafone are putting (alomost) there whole handset range into Ready to Go.

So from Monday you can buy the likes of the Nokia 6230 for €299, the Motorola V3 Razr for €399, the Nokia 6100 for €129 etc, all with up to €80 free call credit.

All the Vodafone range will be available except 3G, Blackberry and Connect Card Products.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So whats the deal with this, are they available now? was off work today and spent the day hungover in bed so am a bit cut off from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Stekelly wrote:
    ...are they available now?...
    yep, available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

how does it work then?
    Have Vodafone cut out their distributors, and are now shipping phones and welcome packs straight to shops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

If its available, they're not putting it up on their website yet. Mind you, the site has always been crap anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Yeah its true , in a vodafone store this evening . Alot of phones sold out , the above 6230 - 299 euro - V3 - 399 euro - GX20- 199 euro all with 80 euro credit

Now in a bit of a dizz -- the razor looks the class but with 3g on RTG coming out in June , don't want to spend big again may the gx20 to tied me over I think????

The choices are endless??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Still think ebay sim free would be cheaper

dcarroll wrote:
    Still think ebay sim free would be cheaper

Yeah but it wouldnt be new, have a warranty or credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I thought they were gonna have €100 free call credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I was just browsing and noticed all phones are priced ready to go too
    here

yeah its been that way since the start of the month, theres a thread on it further down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Looks great,Nice prices for the 6600 and 7610.

Advertisement