Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pav

Options
  • 07-02-2005 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Anybody see the pav i think its ironic that its is reopened for LGB week and the place looks like a gay bar. I now once a most valued patron now will no longer drink there. The bit that made the pav was that it was a hole but a good unique hole unlike any where in dublin now its like a crap hole like Reds or Q bar what a load of discharge!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The PAv is dead, long live the PAv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

the new pav is weird - same staff but a flashier inside.

You always got nobs at the pav, but all you need are a bunch of rowdy engineers to drown them out.

Although its fair to criticise the inside (and I am not a fan of modern flash pubs) - its the clientele that counts and I hope the old regulars will start returning again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Haven't seen this 'new look' pav yet. Must have a butchers this week. How bad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

its flash and modern, but only half finished with the side section for food closed off still, rendering it twice as crowded......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i dont really like the pav, i'm more of a buttery person myself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Personally I tend to hang round the SU shop in House 6.....

Haha, it's mad knowing that the person who's standing in front of you is by no means aware of your knowledge of their internet persona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭celingfan

Buttery is GAY that place is worse than the pav the gingerman is the new watering hole!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

If only the gingerman sold cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

2.80 for red ale though.. Nice staff, interesting non-pretentious clientele. I like it..

EDIT: You'll oft see the pav staff in there, was talking to them last nite there

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Gingerman=full of suits,Best pub is the one on the y of the road as ur looking out of the gingerman to the left, quality scumbags there

• Advertisement

Ah but they're drunk suits..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Haha, it's mad knowing that the person who's standing in front of you is by no means aware of your knowledge of their internet persona.
    Aha, a cyber-voyeur, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

havent investigated the new pav yet, but with all the bad things ive been hearing bout it im getting a little scared :eek: ugh how could they wreck the place??!!!! i mean its the pav ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Everyone to the windjammer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

crash_000 wrote:
    Everyone to the windjammer :P

7.30 am, brilliant.............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

apeking wrote:
    Gingerman=full of suits,Best pub is the one on the y of the road as ur looking out of the gingerman to the left, quality scumbags there
    Ah Denzilles! It's not that bad (or at least it wasn't a few years ago). The Gingerman or Mahaffy's were always my favourites.

Just had a sniff around the pav there. Did they actually spend 100,000 euro on that refurbishment? It seems to me that there was zero architural work done. So it's a lot of money to spend on cosmetics. The sofa is very, very, comfortable. They recovered the benchs and have cubic soft stools now. It's nice but jeez, for 100000 grand I'd expect to have a descent toilet fitted in. I heard some work was done on the ladies, this true?

If you gave someone a plot of land and 100,000 they'd be able to rebuild the pav for ya, how come this yoke is so expensive. I'd love to see the pav extended, go up another story and proper ramp accesss etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I'd love to see the pav extended, go up another story and proper ramp accesss etc etc etc.
    it has any ramp access now? i'd luv a ramp, those damn step's r deadly when yer ****ed...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I heard some work was done on the ladies, this true?

Yes, they were delighted at my performance. Oh wait, you mean the toilets.

lmao! classic

• Advertisement

No ramp access and well said John2.Well said.

is the paper today ( i cant remember which one record or UT),
    there's a article about the lack of access for people with special needs for the pavillion, intresting stuff.

uven the Centre for deaf studies has installed a ramp into 40 lwr drumcondra road, in lieu of the recent goverment bill,
    for internal access, a lift has been installed,( great for the morning after the night you cant remember).

Of course buildings have to be assessed one by one around campus, i cant see where a lift would fit in house 6, for example, but in any new building on campus MUSThas access for people with special Needs,

Teleporters?

someone was watching the nbc nightly news...

?

I'm watching Will and Grace.

If you gave someone a plot of land and 100,000 they'd be able to rebuild the pav for ya, how come this yoke is so expensive. I'd love to see the pav extended, go up another story and proper ramp accesss etc etc etc.

The Pav is a listed building they can't do that, any wheelchair access wouldn't provide access to the balcony, and a life would take up half the room. Also the Pav is a hole and I would object to college funds being wasted on 40 people to make it accessible, while cuts back are affecting every student.

Ok, Thanks Boston for pointing out why they can't do proper restoration on the pav. But where did the 100,000 go? A I am right, DUCAC gave the Pav 100,000 over 4 years to improve the Pav. Unless a lot of work has been carried out on the places you can't see I'm still baffled.

100,000 is feic all considering what the Pav has made ducac. In building terms it wouldn't go very far. I would well believe what they did cost that. For the simple fact that it's a listed building adds so much cost the minute you try to do anything with it. Also 100,00 wouldn't rebuild the Pav, not in todays buildign market, maybe a million might do it.

boston just ur an engineering student doesn't mean you have a rashers about anything.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    100,000 is feic all considering what the Pav has made ducac.
    I dunno about the rest but what I've quoted there makes a lot of sense.. Since the pav gives all its profits to ducac, it's about time some of that money was recycled back into the pav. Doesn't mean I like what the did with it though, considerably the opposite infact.

Advertisement