Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.evilgerald.com

Options
  • 07-03-2001 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

this has gotta be the funniest irish internet website around!

you should all check it out, there's a foot and mouth special - it's really cool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

nicely done smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

you betcha smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Teen now wondering why the **** he's been a Goth all these years

Leather, industrial music, perpetual moodiness and own-brand hairspray proved too much for pre-post-teen, Jamie Watson, last week when he was hit with the realisation that for the past four years, he has been a complete tit.

Moody since birth, Watson found his niche some time after the Junior Cert when he and a handful of friends resolved to become Goths after getting a little too into the Smashing Pumpkins. A concerned classmate commented, "They almost went around looking for reasons to be moody and walked around together with long sleeves, frowning all the time and slagging off everyone's taste in music."

As Watson's friends delved deeper and deeper into Goth, he began to experiment with cosmetic products and soon set himself apart as King Goth in his school, noticeable by his jet black, coiffed hair, white foundation and ripped school uniform. "Man, he was so moody," said Goth friend Mark O'Driscoll, "he put us all to shame. Even we were scared of him."

Soon enough, Watson was listening to Einsturzende Neubauten and other industrial music and began drawing occult symbols, like the pentagram, on his hands, pencil cases and schoolbag.

People looked at him funny but it all added to the mystique; Watson commented: "I'd feel in a bad mood 'cos of the way they were looking at me and I'd just turn around and say, 'hey, why are you looking at me funny?' and they'd get scared!"

It was last week, while waiting for friends outside Trinity College, that forced him to realise the error of his ways when he was giving out about a Goth under his breath, who was sitting opposite him.

"The guy was just sitting there wearing those dumb boots, with his face all white and black and reading some book like Kant's 'Critique of Pure Reason'. He was looking so moody and every so often the idiot would look up just to make sure people were looking at him being all moody. What a phoney. It was like he was begging people to judge him just so he could say to himself, 'Oh, don't judge me, I'm a human like the rest of you, even if my life is pain'."

"I was a complete tit," continued Watson, "and now I see the new breed of Goths and it turns my stomach like inhaling hairspray up your nostrils." His mum couldn't be more pleased with his new image, describing him as "a strapping young lad".

"I can't believe I was so moody," said Watson to his final question, "maybe this year in college I won't be so misunderstood. What are you looking at me like that for?"

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    honey i pimped the kids
    "Cosmus Equitiaes magnus cinaedus
    et fellator est suris apertise."
    -pompeiian graffiti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

class i love this one lol

http://www.evilgerald.com/Issues/Issue6/5intel.htm
    more on the page

Intel acquires Catholic Church in $9.6bn takeover

-"Church leaders were given adequate severance packages"

In a shock move today by the Catholic Church, the Pope and a majority of Cardinals have signed over 68% of stock, a controlling share, to the Intel Corporation. This takeover of Catholicism by Intel is, at US$9.6bn, the largest theological takeover in business history, its nearest competitor being IBM's move on Buddhism last year (valued at US$7.2bn).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

it's based on a joke paper that used to be in UCD, true i guess you can never get away from the onion, but that has a big US slant where www.evilgerald.com has got much better irish jokes

Coyote

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I concur, but the writing styles are painfully similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I am guessing you have all seen http://www.theonion.com/ ?

The evilgerald is pretty funny but it's based on the onion.

You probably knew that, I was just wondering, as nobody should be deprived of the onion. biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

in fairness, though, Flann O'Brien was doing that sort of stuff in college and outside of college decades ago and I reckon the onion got a lot of its ideas off publications like Punch [more than 200 years old], jonathan swift and other satirical writing.

It's not like the Onion has a monopoly on satire or even its style - it's often painfully like seinfeld or the simpsons.

sure, the evil gerald has only been around a short while, it looks as if it's developing a personality - cant expect miracles overnight

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

Advertisement