Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still drying my eyes from the laughter

• 07-02-2005 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

HaHa,

I was just watching tv, corrination st. was on I think. It was the end of the episode, and what I witnessed was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen in a soap.

I was at the end of the episode just now on tv3 and there was something about this guy, (A really fake goth) that was talking with some girl. His dad shouted from the end of the street, "THATS WHERE YOU'VE BEEN", as he marched down the road towards him. They were talking about doing the bold thing. When the dad got to them he started to grab the son and bring him home, he pushed him and a condom packet fell out of the son's huge black overall. The dad looked at him with rage, and smacked him a punch to the chin. The son went flying like in the air, and hit the ground. The dad was just looking at him in shock. Then the episode ended. Funny ****...

99% of people probably wont find that funny what so ever, but OMG was that funny to me. I always find things like that funny, really like bad acting and things that are like serious that aren't even ment to be funny.

There are many other examples of things like this.. here are a few.

In Colatoral with Tom Cruise, There is a scene when he is chasing someone in an office, when he goes to hop over a chair, he stands on it, but the way does it, somehow the chair slips from underneath him, and he like snots himself on the floor, you could see from his reaction that it wasn't meant to happen, but boy was it funny.

In I think bad boys one, some jeep(obviously bad guys) is escaping, but for some reason will smith decides to pursue it on foot? Theres like a 5 minute chase on foot, will smith is running and the car is like revving away. But still he manages to keep up, dont know how that pssible, but funny none the less.

In I-Robot(Another will smith film funnliy enough) when the robots take over and get to the police station, the stereotypical black police chief is in his office and see's that the robots have breeched the front door, he looks down at his priecent been torn apart with a squint in his eyes. He reaches under table and grabs his "trusty" shotgun, as the robots jump intp his office. One of them jumps at him, (Cue Slow-motion) he cocks the gun and blows the robot out of it, but as he has a shot gun this means that the shell will come flying out, the camera zooms in on the shell coming out, and in very slow motion, you can see it coming out with smoke billowing behind it. I think he was wearing ray-bans, and may have had a cigar in his mouth. It was the corniest scene and just made me laugh!

These are just my opinions on this kinda humour. I know theres not may people that would find this remotely funny, but then there are who would.

For the ulitamte in this kinda of humour, chech out Assault on Priecent 13, not the remake thats in the cinemas at the moment, but the 1976(I think) orignal.

Add to the above list any things from fils which have this kind of humour in them, obviously not meat to be funny by the director/writer.

Thanks for Reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

omg just saw that its hilarious! the 5 year old kid is still laughin at it!(he didnt no what it was about, just some guy flyin in the air)
    classic comedy!!!! twas like something from the matrix!!! lol lol lol!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

YES YES.. I'm glad someone else found it funny, It was so ****ing hilarious.. oh god, still smiling, I love that humour.. hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Shrimp wrote:
    I know theres not may people that would find this remotely funny, but then there are who would.

yea generally those with a mental age of above 14 wouldn't find it funny. :rolleyes:

hey! be nice!!!

yeah.. Like I definatly find other "proper" humour funny, but this stuff somethims is just hilarious.

It's really a location thing..

• Advertisement

especially when its not supposed to be funny..... but it just is!!!!

Exactly

..................and when it involves 2 'goths' aprx. 14 who (as shrimp put it) were talkin bout 'the bold thing'

yeah.. funny stuff.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

why do people like peachypants think they can judge ppl bout what they find funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Peachypants thinks that it's fashionable to have a pop at shrimp. He thinks that other stiffs will be impressed by him.

yea like that CERTAIN thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where evry1 got pi$$ed at other peoples sense of humour!!!

fade2black wrote:
    Peachypants thinks that it's fashionable to have a pop at shrimp. He thinks that other stiffs will be impressed by him.

not in the slightest. i just dont find him in any way amusing and find this post completely inane.

Because something doesn't amuse you, does that mean you are justified to ridicule?

If that's the case, then your comment/presence is not wanted here.

Goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

not in the slightest. i just dont find him in any way amusing and find this post completely inane.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. However every day on this boards.ie a new inane thread is born and I find that it is these idiotic threads that grow to the largest sizes. I dunno if I find shrimp funny myself but he put a bit of effort into his post and didn't attack you for your opinion of him so maybe in future if we think a thread is inane, we'll just avoid it.

fade2black wrote:
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. However every day on this boards.ie a new inane thread is born and I find that it is these idiotic threads that grow to the largest sizes. I dunno if I find shrimp funny myself but he put a bit of effort into his post and didn't attack you for your opinion of him so maybe in future if we think a thread is inane, we'll just avoid it.

amen!

Thanks guys :)

ah, you no we luv you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

*hug*

hehe.. Thanks *hugs everyone* :D

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    and didn't attack you for your opinion of him so maybe in future if we think a thread is inane, we'll just avoid it.

oh the drama of boards :rolleyes: attacking, haha now thats funny

oh and i don't think i need a lesson on boards etiquette thanks all the same, so you can save the condesention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

what a crap thread... nothing even slightly humorous

hehe, now thats humours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

no it isnt and this isnt a chatroom [/mod]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

ok, thats enough.....my head hurts after reading that. Please feel free to explore the wonderful world of IRC.

Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement