Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Find

• 07-02-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Oh my god, I want to kill myself everytime I hear or see this ad on the Irish channels, the voice of the girls are as annoying as that Crazy Frog, especially when they say(in sync) "Keano!".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

So no-one saw this ad before? It's on E4, RTE1,network2.

Here's a description of it to refresh your memory:
    a girl: Find a girl
    a girl: Find a guy
    a girl: Find love
    a girl: Find football
    a girl: Find Keano
    all three: KEANO!
    a girl: Find Find

Or something to that extent, it's one of the most annoying ads for mobile phone services ad you'll see/hear anywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I agree it is a highly irritating ad but I don't have a clue what the service is supposed to be. Anyone care to enlighten me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Think I've seen it once... I remember girls saying "Keano" in an annoying way, but I've no idea what its for....
    Can't be as annoying as those Niquiten ads..... gggggrrrr!!! So annoying!!
    I'd rather watch crazy frog on a 12hr loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I agree re the Niquitin ads, I gave up for 6 months and all that damn campaign did was make me crave them! (Im back on them now, hey, maybe I can sue niquitin! ;) )

Oh an, btw, wtf is a "Keano"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I remember seeing that ad...... about a million times in the last week, i think its advertising some kind of "chat" service, you know the things where you can meet your future husband/wife/stalker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I always wondered how they were making money out of these ads. Then about a week ago, my friend found a phone, and it had every conceivable, horrific ringtone.

The moral of the story: there are lots of muppets out there perpetuating this boll0x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

whoever uses these numbers should be shot.

Not Another Ring Tone Thread!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah, god i hate those ringtone ads

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Imagine doing some horrid ad mix. Picture it:

A woman sits at her kitchen table, talking about how difficult it is to quit cigarettes. The camera work and lack of acting convince us it's real. Suddenly, to make her smile, her phone lights up! And a little frog, wearing a little racing helment, climbs out of it. He turns to her, crouches as if wrestling with a motorbike, and goes a "Ring ding ding ding brrrr" and so on.

The woman is delighted especially when a flashing banner informs her that - at 4 yoyoys only - is cheaper than her cigarettes was! With new Niquitin's new partner Jamster: every pack of Niquitin gives you one yoyo off a new ringtone.

She starts dancing to Crazy Frog - who is joined on the table by Sweety the Chick! They all bop together, chirping and vrooming, with a steady undercurrent of "Keano!" providing a nice bass line.

Imagne it. The ultimate ad mix.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Ixoy - I think that might just be hell or at least very close to it. Otherwise it's a marketing man's wet dream...I'm not sure which is worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Ixoy, you forgot to include a little song interlude about a KFC burger for "One Euro sixty-nine". God I *HATE* that ad :mad:
    The woman is delighted especially when a flashing banner informs her that - at 4 yoyoys only - is cheaper than her cigarettes was

BTW - 'cigarettes' are plural, and I presume you meant that the ringtone is cheaper than the cigarettes? :rolleyes:

Advertisement