Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stereophonics Album

Options
  • 07-02-2005 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Called "Language Sex Violence Other"

Just got my hands on an advance copy. It rocks - sounds like their old stuff , good old fashioned rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

yeah... tis a lol more rock alright.... whats this about their new drummer?? is he argentinian or something?

I still don't think it beats "Word gets around" .... maybe it jsut has sentimental value or something..... hearing the tracks through rose-tinted... eh.... earmuffs..... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Judging by 'Dakota' the album should be excellent. Really this new Phonics album has to be good or they are finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

I've hated everything since "Word Gets Around" but their new single is pretty good, judging from the one time I've heard it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Guys & Gals

I love the Stereo's......I got into them on the Performance & Cocktails album so that's my favourite. I love the new song Dakota.......love Kelly's voice on it.....

Do you think that it is just another song about lost love or can it be a song about Stuart's departure?

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

ThatBloke wrote:
    I've hated everything since "Word Gets Around"

I used to also be of the brigade that would always spew the rhetoric 'Stereophonics 1st LP was so good it's a pity how the just turned to crap straight afterwards'.

However I went back and listen to WGA the other day and realised (apart from 2-3 songs - most notably the still classic 'Local Boy...' ) that lp was a pile of steaming sh1te too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i like dakota and rewind and maybe one or two others..
    its good, just not as good as i was expecting for some reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

I don't know how yez can like the Stereophonics. There almost most as bland as the Frames. Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Pigman II wrote:
    I used to also be of the brigade that would always spew the rhetoric 'Stereophonics 1st LP was so good it's a pity how the just turned to crap straight afterwards'.

However I went back and listen to WGA the other day and realised (apart from 2-3 songs - most notably the still classic 'Local Boy...' ) that lp was a pile of steaming sh1te too.

Nah, there's a few duds alright, but there's a bit of subtley about that album that was missing in the later stuff.

Billy Davies' Daughter is a class apart from anything off the other albums

Advertisement