Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230, any good?

Options
  • 07-02-2005 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I'm think about changing my phone from a Nokia 6100 to a 6230. No real reason, just want a change.
    My phone is for business and private use. Brought with me when I travel so triband is a must. The 6230 has Bluetooth, thinking about getting the headset to use while driving. The speaker phone in the 6100 can be a bit weak at times. Only use the WAP to check my fantasy football league scores when away from home.
    The 6230 is €199 from Vodafone, is it worth the money?
    It also has a video camera which I'm not to pushed about, novelty thing really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

E199 from Vodafone? Where?? Link?

I've got one recently. The video camera is pants, sort of like the quality of the camera on the 3200 :D

The MP3 player is excellant, the speaker phone is top notch.

The memory is 3MB and you can have MMC up to 1GB (certain brands).

All in all it's a great package :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's between 99 and 119 actually, on everything except Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

If you're interested its 350 euro with 80 euro credit on meteor. You'll probably end up saving money as its pay as you go therefore no charge per month like on a bill phone. Also meteor are a much cheaper network.

Ah, E199 on billpay .. phew :D Thought you ment PrePaid for a minute there and I was about to slap myself :D

The only problem I have with the phone is really the *174# doesn't give you your balance on it. But if you're bill paying that won't be an issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'm getting mine for 69 from VF!

I had a look a friends 6230, it;s a bit of a pain that the memory card is behind the battery. Similar to the way the Ngage games had to be slotted in behind the batt as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

David19 wrote:
    If you're interested its 350 euro with 80 euro credit on meteor.
    Its not much dearer sim free. 440 i think.
    David19 wrote:
    You'll probably end up saving money as its pay as you go therefore no charge per month like on a bill phone.
    He's going to be using it for business and personal so i dont think a meteor pay as you go phone will fit the bill here... If he's going to be making a lot of call, pay as you go is not the way to go..
    David19 wrote:
    Also meteor are a much cheaper network.
    And we all know why that is... ;)
    They're sh1t

It's E370 simfree in 3G.

Re: Meteor being ****.. didn't their whole network go down for hours during the weekend? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya I have a bill phone. Pre paid is no use to me, bills anything from €70-€120/month
    ciaranfo, the camera quality doesn't bother me much. Would only play around with it once or twice then never use it again (until I'm drunk).
    I didn't know the memory was expandable to a possible 1GB, that is a big bonus.
    Might run in to my local vodafone shop in the next few days and pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

id definatly recommend them.
    i bought one a few weeks ago and have had no problems,
    i am very pleased with the features,
    a feature im very pleased about is bein able to put video files from pc to phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Turns out I'm not eligble for an upgrade for nearly two months :( but when I am the phone will be mine for only €99, not too bad. Will wait until then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv one on O2. Great phone. Iv crashed the software and found a few bugs already but I expect that from any phone theses days and id hope it will be fixed in a FM revsion.

There are a few cavets with the 1GB expansion you can read up on them in all the 6230 threads on here.

I use it with a Bluetooth car kit and its the busniess, highly recomend it. You may be able to get the car kit with it as a deal a few places were doing it recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I note from the specs it plays back MP3 and AAC files (iPod?). Does it play back wma files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Dont buy one!!! have a major fault.....a few people have said this to me.....if you leave in a car over night or anything like that it wont work for the day....seems to have a prob if it gets any sort of damp or watever you call it when you leave something in car over night.....I had one and next thing it started to turn off all the time....then turned off and wouldnt come back on......sent away and was told I had water damage.....teh bloody thing wasnt anywhere near water!!

3 people have said this to me....great if you live in Gran Canaria.....not good in Ireland!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

In fairness most electronics, in fact ALL electrincs dont fair well wehn they get damp...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I've mine for about a year now, lovely fone, few bug's with the mp3 player and occasionaly it doesn't like to turn on ;)

but all in all its a nice fone, BT works fairly well(good for a nokia...sh1t compared to anything else)
    can store any vids on it ye like using QT to encode them....handy lil thing for those boring rail trips(also the chick's love it ;) )

Had no problems with dampness whatsoever, nor did my bro who also got one(well till he dropped his into a pint, and that was the end of that(oddly enough it did work again with 2 buttons sticking, he sent it back to nokia and they returned him a phone that wouldn't do anything saying wetness damage can take a while to appear or some sh1te))

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Great phone.

Someone mentioned .wma ... no, it doesn't play them.

Advertisement