Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the last DVD you bought?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Picked up a second hand copy of Maniac Cop the other day (aw, come on, it has Bruce The Chin Campbell in it!). Other than that I'm waiting until payday next week before I buy any more DVDs - Red Dwarf seasons 5 & 6 will probably be next on the list, followed by Bubba Ho-Tep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, saw this in the video shop alright last week.

Was gonna rent it but... call me narrow minded if you want... i wasn't in the mood for reading subtitles, and they had no dubbed version. :)

Wouldn't mind seeing though.. just for the scene that gives new meaning to the phrase
    'severed head'
    (i'm sure anyone that's seen it knows what i'm on about).

Heard good things about it... but that it has an
    absolutely terrible ending!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jaysis Basquille, I don't want to know! Spoilers ffs!

Jaysis Basquille, I don't want to know! Spoilers ffs!
    Apologies!

Though what exactly did i spoil? I implied a death in a horror movie... oh, how downright stupid of me! :D

Added the spoiler tags anyways.

basquille wrote:
    Though what exactly did i spoil? I implied a death in a horror movie... oh, how downright stupid of me! :D

Yeah, but now I'll be looking out for what you've implied while watching it. I don't want to know any detail of the film whatsoever!

Yeah, but now I'll be looking out for what you've implied while watching it. I don't want to know any detail of the film whatsoever!
    Ah right.... point taken... apologies for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

The Village... for my Mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Switchblade Romance, now thats one messed up movie. I couldn't afford to buy it, so like the cheapass I am, I rented it (even using a €2 off voucher) and copied it. Good movie, very wierd, very violent, but strangely engaging.

Where did you get it? I might be interested in buying the full version if I could get it relatively cheap (last place I saw it for sale worked out at €38 - ouch!)

And Maniac Cop!! I want that, where did you get it. Bruce is my Hero (alongside Spongebob Squarepants :D )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

And Maniac Cop!! I want that, where did you get it. Bruce is my Hero (alongside Spongebob Squarepants :D )

I got second hand at a local place, although IMDB has Maniac Cop & Maniac Cop 2 listed and going cheap. IMDB has details of a Maniac Cop 3, although I suspect both sequels will suck (that said, my version of the DVD was only released last year, so maybe they have a cult following....who knows)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Jackie Chans Mr.Nice Guy, only $5.99 in best buy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The latest I've bought are
    Hard Boiled, uncut
    The Mechanic (Charles Bronson) - Class hitman film
    The Corruptor
    The Postman Fights Back
    Iron Monkey - platinum ed.

Still waiting on them to arrive from Play, hopefully early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

just ordered:

requiem for a dream (just been posted)

darby o'gill and the little people (soon to be posted)

arrested development season 1 (on order), this was only about €20 on dvdsoon.com, christ knows when they'll have them in stock tho, must be a huge demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

received Bambi: special edition today - kids will be happy!

also ordered the bourne supremacy off cdwow and receievd some like it hot from cdwow yesterday!

Bought some DVD's from some people in the for sale forum, so hopefully on their way to me soon are:

Assault on Precinct 13
    Shock
    Possession
    2000 AD
    A better Tomorrow

Hoorah!

As it is I have about 30 movies to watch but damn I have some kind of complusion/fetish for buying them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Platoon - One of my favorite movies in the 80's I just had to buy it when I saw it going cheap. Still haven't watched it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Just got from Play.com, havent watched them yet.

Blazing Saddles - 30th Anniversary Special Edition

Being There

just ordered the monty python megaset (all the eps) with bonus life of pythons dvd, and monty python live from amazon.com :D

Got the excellant Firefly for cheap in HMV of all places. Only 27 euro, down from 70.

Two B-movies

Antibody

AND

Halloween Camp

Both are pretty good, definately worth a watch and as is always the case a hell of alot better then the box makes them appear

Got the Untouchables, Pulp Fiction and Big Fish on the 3 for 33 offer in HMV.
    When I was taking the security tag off the Untouchables DVD it ripped off a big part of the cardboard case. Why the fu*k do they put security tags on those cases, I have to go in tomorrow and get another copy.

• Advertisement

Nothing bought, but these came for me:
    **** it. I caved from the pressure. Amazon had the individual volumes going cheap enough, so I ordered them, and The Peacekeeper Wars. I just couldn't hold off any longer. It's a pity though, there's still no sight of a season 4 box set, so I imagine it's a long, long way off yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I just aquired Nora.
    Tiz the story of James Joyce and Nora Barnacle.
    I asked my Mom to bring it back from London... for some odd reason I couldn't find it onsale here in Dublin.
    It's not the best of movies... but I kinda likes it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Old Boy from Sendit.com

Great movie. Best I have seen in ages. Would reccommend every one to watch it.

red dwarf series 5 + 6 should arrive tomorrow, can't wait

Got the Alien Quadrilogy and Angel season one in town today. Then I got home and found that Miami Vice Season One was out on R1 so I ordered it. Must stop spending money on DVDs. :D

Angel season one

I hope you're able to stomach it untill Season 2, because it only starts to get good then. Season 1 was just painfull to watch.

I hope you're able to stomach it untill Season 2, because it only starts to get good then. Season 1 was just painfull to watch.

Acutually i enjoy season 1 alot, or I at least I did when it was aired first. Age may have changed my enjoyement of it but Ill wait and see.
    I was thinking of picking up seasons 2-5 aswell, only 160 euro for them which is a hell of a lot cheaper than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

huh ? season 1 was class! and it has the singlest best angel episode ever hero and other outstanding episodes such as i will remember you, somnambulist, the ring and five by five
    the only singulary bad season imo was season 4 *shudder*

edit: cheapest place ive found to buy angel on dvd http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp?title=angel+season+1&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0

herobear wrote:
    huh ? season 1 was class! and it has the singlest best angel episode ever hero and other outstanding episodes such as i will remember you, somnambulist, the ring and five by five
    the only singulary bad season imo was season 4 *shudder*

Season 4 was kinda half'n'half, started very well, but then took an extraordinary dive once Jasmine showed up. Probably because Joss threw the whole plotline out the window just to give Gina Torres a role after Firefly got cancelled.

I still say Season 1 was the worst. It had its moments, but half the time episodes consisted of "This week, Angel rips-off Gladiator" or "This week, Angel rips-off The Excorcist" and suchlike. It was just hideously contrived and un-original. Not to mention I found every scene with Doyle just absolutely painfull to watch. Christ I was happy when he was killed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

just curious - I'm not a massive angel fan but there was one episode I watched which was fantastic - it was the one with the boy where the demon was hiding in his body as he had no soul....anyone with alot of Angel knowledge know what the name was and what season it was??

• Advertisement

samo wrote:
    just curious - I'm not a massive angel fan but there was one episode I watched which was fantastic - it was the one with the boy where the demon was hiding in his body as he had no soul....anyone with alot of Angel knowledge know what the name was and what season it was??

Season 1 - Episode 14 "I've got you under my skin"

Christ I was happy when he was killed off.

:eek: :eek: you MONSTER!! :eek:

*dies a little inside*

herobear wrote:
    :eek: :eek: you MONSTER!! :eek:

*dies a little inside*

You think I'm a monster because I cheered when an annoying character was offed? :confused:

And here's me thinking I'm a monster because of what I did the neighbor's kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Got "The Long Way Round" Dvd yesterday and got it signed by Charley Boorman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Got The Incredibles today, woohoo. Great movie. One of the best from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Last movie on DVD: Spider-man 2.

Last DVD: Futurama Series 1. Funny, funny stuff.

i bought predator:se, mallrats and citizen kane:se in golden discs all 3 for 9.95 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I just bought The Black Stallion (1979) starring Mickey Rooney. It's beautifully shot and very well cast. I found it in Dunnes Stores for €7.99 after having trouble finding it for a while, good deal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle

with
    The Incredibles, Conspiracy, Blade: Trinity, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen & AvP on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bartman

I got hooter whore 50,000. Great extras. Lots of cumshots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bartman

Sorry about that I have tourette's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I bought The Life Of David Gale (been meaning to see it for a while) and Red Dragon (2 discs) on a 2 for 1 deal in HMV Grafton St. on St. Patrick's Day. I'm pretty happy with them. Not being 18 I wasn't able to get the films I really wanted in the 2 for 1. Tried buying Saw but wasn't allowed (by the staff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

Snatch. And for those who like Labrynth, you must see The Dark Crystal, another 80's Henson film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Farscape: the peacekeeper wars

My other films, I tend to download these days because I'm a poor student and can afford neither the money nor the shelf space.

• Advertisement

Couple of things sent off to me from play.com the other day:

Bubba Ho-Tep
    Save The Green Planet
    Shaolin Soccer
    Dead Man's Shoes

Really looking farward to watching those. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

Bubba Ho-Tep is ridiculous but brilliant. Have you seen it yet?

ivylooloo wrote:
    Bubba Ho-Tep is ridiculous but brilliant. Have you seen it yet?

Nope, not yet... But it's been on my to-do list for absolutely ages now seeing as it never got a cinema release around these parts, so I'm really looking farward to it. Bruce Campbell is just the man, so getting to see him as the king, it's just brilliance.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Layer Cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

12 Angry Men :D
    Simple but brilliant!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement