Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Journalism

• 07-02-2005 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if anyone is doing the MA in journalism in DIT? Or even the degree course? I'm interested in going postgrad in DIT in journalism and was just wondering the facilities/lecturers are like etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

Yaaar that's me. In 3rd year of the degree course. The facilities are good and the lecturers are pretty sound. Thing is DIT couldn't organise the proverbial piss-up in a brewery. I'm currently on my Erasmus in Brussels.

Thing is, you'd probably learn more just writing for local papers, radios etc. They don't give a §hit about degree qualifications in journalism.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Heya

I'm in the fourth year in the degree. Our course is a bit different because we're the last year of the old degree programme. The years behind us have a different structure to their course (e.g., Erasmus - something we didn't get to do...boo-urns). But really it's highly gratifying to be among the final victims of a course that was clearly so faulty it needed a complete overhaul. :rolleyes: It makes it all worthwhile, yknow? Like Eefs, I could rant and rave about all that's dodgy in DIT generally, but I don't see how that would be of much use to you. I'd also be happy to answer any questions you have, or I could put you in touch with someone currently in the MA class if that suited?

Tis up to you.

Fiona

(Hello Eefs! I'm not completely sure which of the third years you are but I hope you're having fun in Brussels! I know I'd know you to see anyway. :) Some of the lads and lassies in Paris sent us a postcard. Wish I was there. Oh well, I've got my thesis to keep me company...)

roxy wrote:
    Heya

I'm in the fourth year in the degree. Our course is a bit different because we're the last year of the old degree programme. The years behind us have a different structure to their course (e.g., Erasmus - something we didn't get to do...boo-urns). But really it's highly gratifying to be among the final victims of a course that was clearly so faulty it needed a complete overhaul. :rolleyes: It makes it all worthwhile, yknow? Like Eefs, I could rant and rave about all that's dodgy in DIT generally, but I don't see how that would be of much use to you. I'd also be happy to answer any questions you have, or I could put you in touch with someone currently in the MA class if that suited?

Tis up to you.

Fiona

(Hello Eefs! I'm not completely sure which of the third years you are but I hope you're having fun in Brussels! I know I'd know you to see anyway. :) Some of the lads and lassies in Paris sent us a postcard. Wish I was there. Oh well, I've got my thesis to keep me company...)
    Helloooo, I'm the loud one with curly hair who interviewed Andy Reid for the Liberty. I shouted about that a lot. Remember me now? :p Ah yes, see the people gone to Paris are very organised - they're postcard bombing the lot of us. Pity you lot stuck back there doing your thesis. Although, I am missing the newsroom. This room does not compare ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

eefs wrote:
    Helloooo, I'm the loud one with curly hair who interviewed Andy Reid for the Liberty. I shouted about that a lot. Remember me now? :p Ah yes, see the people gone to Paris are very organised - they're postcard bombing the lot of us. Pity you lot stuck back there doing your thesis. Although, I am missing the newsroom. This room does not compare ;(

hmm - still not sure I remember you! Loud one..curly hair...hrm.

Since the stereo stopped working, the newsroom is nothing! NOTHING! Full of second years now. Still the first years are nowhere to be seen. Very odd altogether. Ah for the old times...

roxy wrote:
    hmm - still not sure I remember you! Loud one..curly hair...hrm.

Since the stereo stopped working, the newsroom is nothing! NOTHING! Full of second years now. Still the first years are nowhere to be seen. Very odd altogether. Ah for the old times...
    Duuude, first years don't exist. Didn't you know that? Oh, I bet ye all miss us third years now? Doncha? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement