Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESPN 2k5 sports titles.

Options
  • 07-02-2005 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

now these are known as being the best sports titles around and at 30euros you cant go wrong but i have noticed somethin that seems to be lackin from the pal version. online play. is it just me or is it actually not there? it is in the ntsc version. have i missed something?

i got NHL and it is amazing! its fighting pro ev 4 for it's position in my xbox. i wont get the nba one though cause id rather wait for the more fun nba street 3 which is looking amazing and is gettin great reviews!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That's pretty strange considering that the PAL ESPN 2K4 range had online play, although they were initially sold at a higher price. I'm not really surprised though, most of these types of games are not as popular in Europe as they are in the States.

And yeah, ice hockey video games are great fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah the online was taken out of the PAL realease unfortunatly. Ive got the NFL one and its a damn shame cause 2K4 had online and it was pretty sweet online.

Dont know if its in the NHL but the NFL one has a VIP profile, basically records everything you do, what plays you call how you play etc so you can play against your friends profile when there not there. But some of the online content included downloading NFL players VIP profiles so i think thats the biggest thing thats missing.

On the cost it was sold for 20 dollars when it came out in the states as it was released in direct competition with the EA games.

Its a pity that there'll be no more ESPN games as EA aquired the licence for the ESPN presentation thus eleiminating a great series of games and their only real competition

Advertisement