Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Slow startup after installing security software

• 07-02-2005 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

At the weekend I installed a well known internet security software programme and now my computer (running XP Pro) start up has slowed to snails pace. Any suggestions?
    I did see another thread in the security forum which mentioned this problem but it was closed after only two posts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Twod help if you gave the name of the program in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

I couldn't understand why the thread in the Security forum, which mentioned this exact problem for this software, had been locked so I was being cautious.
    The software is Norton Internet Security 2005 and I aslo run Zone Alarm if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

more than likely having 2 firewalls is the cause

if you want to stick with norton then remove ZA & see what happens
    (or vice versa)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

more than likely having 2 firewalls is the cause

if you want to stick with norton then remove ZA & see what happens
    (or vice versa)
    i would get rid of norton its bloatware

Advertisement