Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spiky mullet

• 07-02-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Whats your opinions on that spikey mullet everyone seems to wear these days?
    Im thinking of getting it on my hair but i think its a bit chav!?
    What do you guys think??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Anything that ends with, begins with, or contains somewhere within its description, the word, 'mullet', is by default bad.
    Unless you can show me a picture of what you mean so I may judge appropriately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

These were really fashionable last year. Now all the bleedin howiyas have them, so I think it's pretty safe to say fashion has moved on.

I'll probs get flamed for this, but a good way to keep up with blokes hair trends is to check out male hairdressers. Firstly, they're not all gay, secondly even if they are, gay blokes have style (generalisation). And finally, like the girls they will more than likely be a more extreme version of a simple trend, due to their line of work.

If you're gonna have anything other than the usual short back and sides pleeeeeease go to a proper salon. Plenty of blokes go to them, so get over it. If you go to a barber they will do their own version which will make you look like a total chav.

Also, you have to be prepared to maintain it ie. stick a bit of wax or gel in it every morning. Or else wear a hat cos it will look crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Stab stab stab

LOL, that me your stabbing there? Sorry, just hate seeing blokes with stupid hair cuts, you either do it properly or don't do it at all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Saw one of these on the bus today. Despite being a fan of mullets in general, I just don't like it spiked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

i think i will go for it, i want a nice new haircut and theres nothing else i can think off thats nice at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

NO NO NO DON'T do it. please. Well for your sake anyway, mullets are just thee most unattractive hair styles out there spiked or no. But it's up to you, it's your sex life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mullets are the buisness. They should be enforced by law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

*Sassy* wrote:
    LOL, that me your stabbing there? Sorry, just hate seeing blokes with stupid hair cuts, you either do it properly or don't do it at all.....
    No no, not at all. Stabbing the hair style.
    Think it looks dreadful now, and dreadful when it was "in fashion".

Ah that's ok then jim. I would be inclined to say "don't do it!!" too, because mullets are kinda dated now, and even when they were in they looked better if they were a bit unkempt and messy, as opposed to spiky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I didnt realise it was so unliked, i might go for that triangle on the head sort of style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

triangle on the head? example pic please

mullets are the work of the devil. and not the cool kind of work either, the kind of work that's horrible and offensive and should be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Mullets rule and you know it.

But only 1980s style mullets. In the Mid-West USA they call them 'hockey haircuts'. Sweet.

Any haircut that is 'trendy' and that those male hairdressers on the cutting edge of fashion have will look awful. That said I think the whole metrosexual thing is a load of rubbish and will be gone in a year or so...wish I could go back in time to 1990 and invest in a nationwide chain of hair product shops, selling blonde hair dye to women and gel to men. I would be the richest man in Ireland, and could laugh at the idiots using my products from my supersonic rolls-royce robotic machine...opps, having that Wednesday afternoon fantasy again, sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this spikey mullet wouldn't be the hair cut i call the V??

where it's shaved just above ears and the back looks like a V turning into a little pony tail?

my god man don't do it if that's the same hair cut, it looks like someone went into a barbers and said, " i'm not arsed what you do, you can run a hedgetrimmer over my hair if you want" type of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this kind of triangle is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm convinced people go into these salons and say 'please make me look as pretentious as possible - also, I enjoy looking like a muppet, if that helps. I'm willing to pay €100 for the previledge'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

And of course, arguably Wesley Willis' best song ever, "Cut The Mullet"

Do something about your long, filthy hair
    It looks like a rat's nest
    Do something about your mullet
    Get out the hair clippers, jerk

Cut the mullet
    Cut the mullet
    Cut the mullet
    Cut the mullet

Get the rat's nest off your head