Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE f500i?

Options
  • 07-02-2005 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Just noticed the f500i going for 119E on Vodafone.ie. Im looking for a nice basic phone that does the buiness (stylishly) and this seems a decent price.Is the phone any good though? Anyone have it? The only review i could find didnt have the best to say about it.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well compared to the similarly priced Nokia 3220, it seems better. It's based on the K500i but sold exclusively by Vodafone, who have doctored the firmware with their own branded rubbish. AFAIK, with the correct data cable program and credits for the program the firmware can be put the way it was intended. :)

I'm considering getting one of these, or at least hint to the gf when my birfday crops up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

hmm. Where could i get the firmware upgraded? So its the same as the k500i than when tinkered with? I'm wondering , because the k500i got some great reviews and at 120E it could be quite a bargain. I just want a phone for the basics anyway.

[edit]Just looking at sim free k500i's and they are priced at between ~250 expansys and ~340 fish4fones.wtf.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I bought one of these phones and it arrived yesterday. It's a damn fantastic phone comapared to the rubbish Nokia 3200 I had previous. I notice that you're not really stuck with the Vodafone colour scheme, you can change Themes, and download extra themes. Mine came with a FM Radio addon too. No mention of it on the site but it came with it! Works as handsfree too :)

For total unbranding, I guess you can start with Totalmultiserver

Anyway, I think its a great wee piece of kit. Glad I chose it over the 3220.

Advertisement