Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nilesat or arabsat 2d reception in ireland

• 08-02-2005 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

hi all,

just wondering is it possible to get reception from the above satellites here in ireland.

if so what kind of setup is required?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not easily.

For free channels any non-Sky Digital Receiver.
    Many channels are Pay TV. Need valid card.

Need big dish in Ireland. (1.4m?) not a wiff of signal on 80/90cm dish here on either bird.

Many FTA Arab stations on Hotbird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

FWIW Arabsat 26E is receivable on a 2.4M. The signal strength is medium on Ku band digital, so a smaller dish would suffice, especially as you move towards the east coast.

C-band analogue signals from 26E are very strong. I don't think I've ever seen analogue channels as clear before - equivalent if not better than digital in terms of quality often without a hint of a sparklie.
    http://www.freewebs.com/bealach/html/26_east.html
    So a prime focus dish above 1M would be OK. As C-band digitals are on the same transponders, they are also readily receivable.
    There is a surprising amount of English language films on those Arabic channels, over 80% of their output in some cases, with Arabic subtitles.

Nilesat is a no no. It's receivable in parts of the UK, but the horizontally polarised channels are significantly weaker than the vertical ones according to reception reports on the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Zaphod,

Do you have a 2.4mt dish???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

All vertical transponders receivable on a CM 1.8m dish in Galway with CM feedhorn and invacom Quad LNB.

I am going to try again tomorrow for some H transponders and if not then I am going to try for 25.5 east

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

steve - not sure if you noticed the date of this thread. Lots changed since 2005:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ahmedwageeh

Is it possible to get arab sat or nilesat in Galway area (Tuam)? with a 60cm dish? please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

Is it possible to get arab sat or nilesat in Galway area (Tuam)? with a 60cm dish? please let me know.

erm no.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2357828&postcount=2

although that was 5 years ago.

Some Arabsat with 1.2m dish. No Nilesat at all in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

been asked to install a 1.8m dish for nilsat in galway, is this even possible or should i walk away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

Do not walk away...................... RUN LIKE THE CLAPPERS

Only some channels available not enough to make someone happy

• Advertisement

If you have to ask, start running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

figured as much, spoke to the guy, found out that he wants arabic channels, mbc which are on 7w but also on 26e fta... so 1.8m is overkill but at least its do-able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wadelnaim

hi there;

is that possible to receive arabsat 26E in Ennis area please?

its really urgent if some one hnows let me know as soon as possible.

Wad Elnaim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wadelnaim

hi there;

is that possible to receive Arab sat 26E in Ennis area please?

its really urgent if some one knows let me know as soon as possible.

Wad Elnaim.

Some parts of it. You need fairly big dish to avoid Sky/Freesat interference.

I'd recommend a 90/95 Triax or 110cm Triax.

134102.png
    90/95 Triax (slightly taller than wide), For 28, 19, 13, 9

The LNB for 26 would be so close to the 28 position that there would need to be slight overlap, so you can't really do both on same dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

footprint for 26e here,

http://www.flysat.com/badr26-beam.php

im receiving Badr 4 with 110cm motorised in Muliingar,

channels here,

http://www.lyngsat.com/badr4.html

Advertisement