Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing Ram

Options
  • 08-02-2005 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I can get my hands on some cheap samsung ram. Just want to know is it ok to mix the speeds? 256mb 333mhz ddr and 256mb 400 mhz ddr. I have a dimension 3000 with only one bank of two slots. will it cause any problems putting this memory together??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Your computer will run at 333, so if you want to slow down your computer but use loads of applications, put it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

when i purchased i got 2 128mb slots of 333mhz ram so does that mean if i just bought 400mhz ram that i would get that speed. I thought i would be stuck at 333 mhz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

when i purchased i got 2 128mb slots of 333mhz ram so does that mean if i just bought 400mhz ram that i would get that speed. I thought i would be stuck at 333 mhz?

Sorry your computer will be stuck at 333MHz, so putting in PC3200 which runs at 400MHzRAM won't improve the speed, it won't cause any problems so I think you should go ahead, if you have it, but don't buy faster RAM if you don't.

Advertisement