Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Blizzard Of Odd

• 08-02-2005 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

does anyone else like this show? I think it is brilliant, I used to hate it, but I got into it, its an aquired taste. there are few shows that I would go out of my way to see, and this is definitly one of them! Colin Murphy is great, both on there and on The Panel, another show I USED to go out of my way to see, not really anymore because its now on on a Sunday instead of a Monday, and is no-longer live, but still, its great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The panel hasn't been live since the first episode of the last monday series but i love the blizzard of odd, cant remember how long ive been watchin it, its class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Blizzard is great.... where the hell did they get that Irish kung fu movie? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

do rte offer some sort of service that you can buy them wacky videos they show?

some of them films look fookin gas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

probably the only program made by RTE which can cause me to expel a milk-like substance through my nostrils as a consequence of hysterical laughter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Used to really like the Blizzard, saw an ep a few weeks ago though and it was ****e.

I saw The Panel live and I think I remember it was live. Can't be sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

pork99 wrote:
    probably the only program made by RTE which can cause me to expel a milk-like substance through my nostrils as a consequence of hysterical laughter

You should see a doctor about that :D

To be honest i never liked blizzard until i started watching it over the last few weeks, very entertaining show

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love the Blizzard of Odd. I've watched it from the beginning, I find it hilarious nearly every week....though occasionaly there's a bad week.
    I love the crazy made in ireland films! they rock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

LOL, funny as feck show. suppose it's only as funny as RTE is bad the pervious week, which is most of the time. I was delighted they showed Pat Kenny being made a fool of by Bridget Neelson. hehehe, fooled him up good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

Best ever was the Mancees. Remember that? Coronation street was moving from RTE to TV3 so this was the replacement show. The Limerick tourism ad was brilliant too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

he completley takes the piss out of his own channel hows does he get away with

ps glad to se just for laughs back on tv too (thankfully there ain't much of ed Byrne), more of that sort of thing and the why did they pout the panel on at the same time as er??? choice choices!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

TmB wrote:

i think thats 'fatal deviation' starring mickey from boyzone and apparently he bought every copy of it or whatever as soon as boyzone got big :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Blizzard is a great show

He always dresses so hicky! whats that all about?

Shame RTE put all the good stuff on so late. And wheres No Disco. Theres been lots of other really good quirky or left of centre shows that have been axed from RTE.

Yer man is funny. the panel is a good show too. Dara O brien is doin ok in Uk at the moment actually. Fair play to him- I used to work with him on that awefull "its a family affair" and he was fairly sound, even to us skivvies.

anyway long live blizzard and long may rte presenters slag the ****e out of rte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

TmB wrote:
    I was talking to a guy I know yesterday, and apparently his cousin helped make it. It was done by a group of UCD students he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

Crucifix wrote:
    I was talking to a guy I know yesterday, and apparently his cousin helped make it. It was done by a group of UCD students he said.
    Well it's the sh*ts - probably the worst movie ever for acting, script, music, and every other heading...I would urge everyone to try and watch it for the pure 'terrible' factor.
    I have a Region 1 copy on DVD.

B00009ZK5T.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Crucifix wrote:

The director is in UCD......

That much is true.........

The rest are a raggle taggle mix of drop outs and lollygaggers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Definitely the best part of this show is where he slags off everything that was on TV over the week. Pat kenny usually gets it. I think he could get rid of showing those cheap amateur zombie movies. They're funny the first time but once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

cashback wrote:
    I think he could get rid of showing those cheap amateur zombie movies. They're funny the first time but once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

I agree. I think he used to show more (unintentionaly) hilarious sh|te from RTE's archives in the previous series. More of that please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

He is doing a stand up show in vicar st on 2 april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Well it's the sh*ts - probably the worst movie ever for acting, script, music, and every other heading...I would urge everyone to try and watch it for the pure 'terrible' factor.
    I have a Region 1 copy on DVD.

I can't believe you paid money for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was doing the rounds in post production and production houses for years before the Blizzard of odd, I remember when I first saw it, and it was so f*cking fun we had to make 9 copies of it then and there, everyone wanted one.

Advertisement