Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony DAV-SR1 home cinema system

Options
  • 08-02-2005 4:40pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I picked up the above mentioned system last week in Power City for €400, as the Sony centre were quoting €550. So i'm just letting anybody know who may be soon buying a system that i am very happy with it.

It's 700watts, with 100watt per speaker, and the twin drive sub woofer making up the final 200watts. I wouldn't consider myself a expert on sound systems, but i have been looking around for a while for a system that ticks all the boxs. It has most standard playbacks like Dolby Digital, and it also has Dolby prologicII. There is a phono output on the back of the player for a sixth speaker for 6.1 playback, DTS ES or EX i think, which is nice to know i can upgrade to when the time comes. The speakers are not too big, and fit neatly beside my Philips 32" TV. The picture itself is quite clear also.

As somebody who has not had a system before, i don't know if 700watts would be considered above or below averege, but it blows me away while listening to music or a DVD. I've got the whole goose bump thing going on when my favourite tracks come on even at half voloume.

As i said, if anybody else is interested in a reasonably priced system with good sound and a good name, i would wholeheartedly recommanded this one.

Advertisement