Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladder Tournaments

Options
  • 08-02-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just stumbled across this concept last night on Ladbrokes.
    If you start at $10 level
    a mere 5 STT's later you have a million. Intuitively(incorrectly) appears to be a great chance..easier than a large Field MTT.. Especially when you consider that a second place finsih gives you another chance at that level.

Is anyone here playing them...How far have you got.???????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

No value, you have to win each level outright it is a million to 1 shot, also higher levels dont fill up regularly so you might be waiting a long time to play the upper levels while ladbrokes rake in the cash. Also can you imagine playing heads up for 1000000 with 2nd getting nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

For me the Ladbrokes and PartyPoker versions are not the best.

I've had a thread here before about the GamingClub one though. I managed to turn the $5.50 entry at level 1 into $500 for 4th at level 5. GamingClub only take the rake from the final table too so it's better value than the Party one (I never looked into the Ladbrokes one).

When I won the money I played right through one level after the other but at the final table some of the players and observers were discussing their strategies. Some of them were using their credits from level 3 and 4 wins to replay that level multiple times. Provided these levels were +EV for them it meant they were getting extra (sort of free) shots at playing these levels again and again.

After my win I rebought at Level 3 and tried this, winning first one L3 and then another. This left me with a L4 entry, a L3 entry as well as a L2 entry in my credits (that's because of the fact that only 4 qualify from L3), all for just one L3 entry. I turned the L4 into a L5 entry and busted out in L5 out of the money but I still have the L3 and L2 to play and these are basically free entries although there was some risk involved with that strategy.

Advertisement