Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival

Options
  • 08-02-2005 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

They announced some of the line up.Its a 3 day festival with a gay indie day :mad: .
    What a disgrace to the home of metal :mad: .The 2nd day is an ozzfest day with Sabbath headlining.
    And they stupidly have S.O.A.D. closing on sunday when they have
    Slayer below them :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Cool, do they have one-day tickets for the gay indie day? That's in Donnington park right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Birdman

I don't actually have anything against indie.....But it doesn't belong at donnington.Yeah you can get one day tickets, its on friday 10th of June(i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Billy Idol's Playing. That'll be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Birdman wrote:
    I don't actually have anything against indie.....But it doesn't belong at donnington.

Why not? It may have a legacy of metal concerts but Download itself is only a two-year old festival and numorous punk bands played last year. See no reason not to expand into other rock styles.

It's looking more like a June version of the Reading/Leeds festivals, while the filling the void for bands that the Glastonbury festival seem to stick their nose up to. Feeder to headline though? Jeez, are they really "headliner" quality already? And with Sabbath the following day?!

It's looking more like a June version of the Reading/Leeds festivals, while the filling the void for bands that the Glastonbury festival seem to stick their nose up to.

Thats another reason.The indie fans can go to Glastonbury,V festival,
    Reading/Leeds and Oxygen for indie.Donnington should be special in that it
    has Slayer,Sabbath,Machine head etc.

• Advertisement

What if you liked alternative/indie, punk and hard rock/metal? Besides the Reading/Leeds festivals, there's no other festival in the UK that caters for a more full spectrum of rock music, which I believe is sorely lacking in UK and Irish festivals when compared to those in Europe.

And Donington? Times have changed I guess. I think Stereophonics played a show at Donington Park four or five years ago. And Ozzy hasn't played there in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

HIM and Velvet Revolver are also playing on the main stage on the second day (June 11)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

See no reason not to expand into other rock styles.
    No smurfin' way. Too many reasons to think of as to why thats a terrible idea.

First off, if you want indie, go to Oxygen or turn on the radio. There are people who like both indie and metal, but the chances of a festival putting on the indie bands and the metal bands that one of these people would like are pretty slim.

Basically, for indie, go to Oxygen, and for metal, go to Download. Don't pollute one with the other.

There are people who like both indie and metal, but the chances of a festival putting on the indie bands and the metal bands that one of these people would like are pretty slim.

There are LOADS of festivals in Europe that cater for rock/indie/punk/metal/dance etc. equally and they sell well/out year on year. Surely that can't be bad for Download either?

I don't want to watch metal and indie.
    I want to watch opeth then slayer then metallica then machine head and let the metal continue.
    If download open their gates to indie why doesn't glastonbury open its gates to metal.

• Advertisement

Birdman wrote:
    I don't want to watch metal and indie.
    I want to watch opeth then slayer then metallica then machine head and let the metal continue.
    If download open their gates to indie why doesn't glastonbury open its gates to metal.

I ask myself the same question...

You're forgetting that metal is not even mixed with indie, they're both on seperate days, so you can choose not to go on the Friday if you're actually planning to go to the festival at all.
    They do have punk and hard rock bands at Download. If you want an actual festival that can call itself a pure metal-fest, then go to Belgium's Graspop festival. Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Megadeth, System of a Down. Nice.

That is nice.I could alway block punk and hard-rock out for some reason.
    CClive are just money grabbin D*ckheads.

Advertisement