Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 mini series on 3G....

Options
  • 08-02-2005 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard of this 24 mini-series on 3G phones from Vodafone...

I'm not signed up to 3G with vodafone as it's not available on prepaid at the moment. I do have a 6230 which does videos etc though, and was wondering if it's possible to still get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

More details on the mobile-only version of 24.

Currently, the Nokia 6230 can play the clips downloaded from Vodafone as I've transfered a few across for testing from my 6630. The only issue will be DRM. In other words, when/if 24 is available to download, it might not work when copied to another mobile phone.

And in case you were wondering, Vodafone's News and Sports clips have no DRM. Only the Music content seems to use it.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Appreciate the response but I'm still a little foggy on this ... .

It's not been released yet then? And it will only be released to Vodafone 3G (i.e. bill paying) customers?

And I may not be able to get it because I'm not on 3G bill paying?

Or, is this a general subscription thing anyone can subscribe to?

Hi,

I haven't heard much about it generally (and I do like all things '24') so it's either just out in the UK or it's been delayed.

It appears that it will be made exclusively available to users of Vodafone's 3G service only. Currently that means bill-pay only. Other threads have suggested that pre-pay will get 3G around March/April.

Bear in mind - Vodafone paid millions for the 3G license so they need to get as many people onto 3G as quickly as possible to get some kind of return - hence all the great deals on 3G handsets and now the special verison of '24' :)

- Neil

I'd go as far as to pay a subscription to "3G 24"... I really would :)

• Advertisement

Looks good, but I can't get to the menu it suggests in the text. I'm on RTG.

Seems my Vodafone Live GPRS isn't setup right either, so that's not helping. I've entered the details from the thread at the top of this forum, but no luck :(

Well, I got my GPRS sorted thanks to the Nokia website, but no sign of 24 :'(

Any 3G customers out there like to send it to me? Please? :(

Well, I actually found the menu but the link to download it appears to be blurred or something.. I can get ringtones, wallpapers and info, but no eps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

been tryin it all last night and this morning
    page displays fine but says server is not available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

wolfman wrote:
    been tryin it all last night and this morning
    page displays fine but says server is not available

Me too.

I'll take anything Vodafone has to offer once it's free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

i have a v800 and ive got the first 3 episodes no problem

Are you on 3G ? Or just a standard RTG with a video enabled phone?

I am on 3G with a 6630
    Herself is on 3G with a v800
    Must try it using the V800 later

Hi,

I have had no luck accessing the clips (Nokia 6330) for the past 24 hours (when I first noticed 24 on the Live! menu) so I called Vodafone Tech. Support who are now looking into it...

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

have the three minutes down (on a 6630) - it's dire (so far anyhow) but as it's free can't complain - it's so bad it's funny - anyone i've shown it to though it was a skit!

activation keys are listed for each episode saved so looks to be DRMed alright

Bloody DRMs.... it'll be the death of us all :'(

I wish I could download the bloody thing though :(

I just tried it on someone elses phone. They are bill pay (not 3G though) and also on the 6230.

There just doesn't seem to be any download links for the episodes?

Still cant get it on my 6630, but got it on the wifes v800 alright.
    @ciaranfo
    Think its only if u are on 3G with the 3G card

Blah... come on Vodafone.. I wanna pay your ridicolous (I can't spell either!) rip-off rates on my prepaid sim... make me 3G :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I have a nokia 6600 smartphone with videos and can stream etc its vodafone live and I was wondering if i could get this

• Advertisement

Hi,

If you read above, you'll see that "24: Conspiracy" is for 3G Customers Only

- Neil

Word of advice to anybody having problems getting this to download

CRAP!

<edit>Its not even worth downloading</edit>

Anyone wanna send it to me then?

Hi,

The clips are still DRM'd (ie. locked) so if you copied the files to another phone, they won't play.

- Neil

Copy them to your MMC, then put that into your card reader, then play them on your PC., Then send, no ?

Hi,

Nope ;-)

Look up Digital Rights Management (DRM) and you'll see why they won't work. When you download a clip it's locked to your phone only. If you copy the file to a PC, another phone, etc it will not play.

There is no way around this yet for .3GP files :-/

- Neil

Advertisement