Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems on Ballymun IBB Mast ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Wise man

Those of you wondering about the Ballymun Highsite. there is an upgrade planned for wedensday of this week, You have all seen the weather at the moment so as soon as it improves and it is safe to climb it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Those of you wondering about the Ballymun Highsite. there is an upgrade planned for wedensday of this week, You have all seen the weather at the moment so as soon as it improves and it is safe to climb it will happen

Nice of you to pop in Wise Man, good to know that someone is reading all those emails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What about the Blanchardstown ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ARE you from IBB then as you seem to be well imformed?

The Atrium was upgraded today you should see a vast improvement this evening or tommorow Im not sure if it has been commisioned today if not it will be first thing in the morning

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have mentioned the Atrium is one of the Blanch highsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silent Assasin

Will be the Balllymun Mast be back to normal as soon as the weather Improves... (On one hand I wanna be snowed In...No work! then and on the other there is no point in being snowed in with no Internet)

Wise Man do you know what the Original problem was ??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Out of curiousity, where exactly is the Ballymun mast?

I know there's a mast at the Old ESB site on the Ballymun Road and one near the Garda Station.

Is it any of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭johncorleone

Will be the Balllymun Mast be back to normal as soon as the weather Improves... (On one hand I wanna be snowed In...No work! then and on the other there is no point in being snowed in with no Internet)

Wise Man do you know what the Original problem was ??

For the love of God, he said the link was being upgraded 5 posts ago.

*Read* the rest of the thread. The reason for the problems has been mentioned and described several times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Paul007 wrote:
    Out of curiousity, where exactly is the Ballymun mast?

I know there's a mast at the Old ESB site on the Ballymun Road and one near the Garda Station.

Is it any of these?

The mast is on the ballymun road halfway between the flats
    and the entrance to DCU.

About 400 yards from me.
    But guess what speeds im getting?????
    12k a second now.

• Advertisement

The Atrium was upgraded today you should see a vast improvement this evening or tommorow Im not sure if it has been commisioned today if not it will be first thing in the morning

I dident see any imporvment this morning before I left for work, im on the Atrium. Do i need to turn off my arial and turn it back on after the make the upgrades?

Also my gaming pings last night were bizzar.

Is kinda what i was seeing, getting the odd good ping in 3.

Perhaps it will be back to normal when i get home today. Im a month with bad servied yesterday!

Has Ballymun been upgraded yet? I know it was put off yesterday due to snow...

I've been trying to get through to IBB today but I can only wait so long on hold before I want to kill someone! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

not sure really...its been so up and down lately i cant tell any more :(

just tried it on an english CSS server and was getting a ping of 130...least its better then last weeks with a ping of 230 :eek:

still not what im expecting for €48.40 a month tho

So its not friday and it still sucks. I really thinking of giving Smart telacom a ring at this stage and canceling my direct debit as this is not the service i signed for I wont be breakiong any contracts doing that. Even if they get it fixed in the next week or two I think this will only happen again a little while down the road as soon as they over subscrive their equipment again, like when they built a secont toll bridge that filled up quick enough also!

The atrium is now upgraded it will be switched on toady fridat at 3 pm. Ballymuns work will be completed today and tommorow it is to be switched on monday afternoon. The problem is not that the site was over sold it is a problem with the backhaul to the tower in Ballycoolin. The work was planned for monday of this week bt due to the adverse weather the riggers wouldnt climb the tower, They are doing the atrium first then Ballymun. heres hopin it will be all sorted by Monday weather depending.

Thank you for the update, nothing worse then not knowing what is going on.
    Surely IBB could email users to tell them of upgrades or issues with the service.

I wonder if this will the be the trend, signing up as many people till the system
    starts groaning and needs updating again. Hate to have this on a regular baises.

Well thats at least good to know it will be comming back to balllymun and blanch over the weekend but the question still remains, for how long?

The problem should not happen again as they have put in an stm1 link between ballymun and ballycoolin this has capacity of 113megs. it really boils down to pressure from customers to be connected before the network is ready for them. nobody expected to fill up the 34meg link so quick dam uncontended customers. I hear the atrium link is being handed over now hope that helps. you should see a difference in ping and capacity this evening. Ill keep you posted as to the progress on the Ballymun link but I dont see it being commisioned till monday at the earliest. As I posted earlier the contract riggers wouldnt climb all this week. hope this helps

That is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭johncorleone

The problem should not happen again as they have put in an stm1 link between ballymun and ballycoolin this has capacity of 113megs. it really boils down to pressure from customers to be connected before the network is ready for them. nobody expected to fill up the 34meg link so quick dam uncontended customers.

I don't agree. The problem is not "pressure from customers to be connected before the network is ready for them". It's a total copout to blame the customer in this situation. The problem is that IBB have offered an uncapped service which coupled with poor provisioning and monitoring has led to a situation where a backhaul has been at breaking point for weeks. Hopefully the monitoring will now improve and when this link fills again (It's just a matter of time, the big downloaders will fill any backhaul pipe you throw at them unless you cap them) it won't take so long to upgrade.

Good to hear it's finally going to be fixed.

• Advertisement

The problem should not happen again as they have put in an stm1 link between ballymun and ballycoolin this has capacity of 113megs. it really boils down to pressure from customers to be connected before the network is ready for them. nobody expected to fill up the 34meg link so quick dam uncontended customers. I hear the atrium link is being handed over now hope that helps. you should see a difference in ping and capacity this evening. Ill keep you posted as to the progress on the Ballymun link but I dont see it being commisioned till monday at the earliest. As I posted earlier the contract riggers wouldnt climb all this week. hope this helps

Thanks for all the information.

I look forward to seeing an improvement on Monday night.

If I don't I'll be in touch...

any blanch people notice a difference since 7.00 pm this evening, Im interested to see what the ping times are now

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Good stuff....

Just so there is no confussion The Ballymun upgrade is happening this weekend thats the construction side of the problem hopefully it will be commisioned monday but like everything in life theres no guarantees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

good to know the problem is finally being sorted anyway

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

well friday 3pm came and went. the pings seemed better over the weekend but the download speens havent changed at all still slower that a 512 line frm the blanchards town atrium. Is that it then is that what we will have to put up with for 50 quid a month? And still there is the odd bad ping where it hits 160 or there abouts but most pings are less than 100!

Well now its 3pm on monday and things are still bad. The pings have imporved but im still downloading at sub 512k speeds. Has any one in ballymun noticed any improvements in dloading? The atrium was suposed to be ahead in getting the work done by a day but its still bad. Im almost 5 weeks not on a 450k kinda connection, well thats about what it seems like!

I'll check mine when I get home, I'm paying for 1mb and I want it!

Well i`ll tell ya one thing when the email me their invioce I think they will be getting a mail back saying the are overcharging me for my 400k service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Getting a massive 25kb/s at the moment.

Advertisement