Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems on Ballymun IBB Mast ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

PM sent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

How can the problems be delt with individually if one has a problem on the ballymun or blanch end then ecery one should. How safe is it you give an ip to someone you dont know either!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

It would be easier to deal with each problem seperatly can you mail me your name or public IP address and will try to give you some honest answers.

Ok,I fired of a pm to you.I havent included my ip but have included my name for reasons stated in the pm but it should be easy enough for you to dig it out of your records in IBB office's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

It would be easier to deal with each problem seperatly can you mail me your name or public IP address and will try to give you some honest answers.
    Are we to assume that the bandwidth issue isn't going to be fully resolved on Tuesday then? It's just that from dealing with IBB support for the past month there has always been one crucial piece of information that never gets passed on. When is the 1MB connection to the Ballymun mast going to behave like a 1MB connection?

I know you said that said that the upgraded link will go live on Tuesday. Why then do you need to deal with each problem on a seperate basis? Should the problem not be resolved for everyone on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Wise man

Yes it will resolve your bandwidth problems the reasonI said to post individual problems because there were other people with problems other than the Ballymun highsite

• Advertisement

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully it will be solved on Tuesday.

Well im on the artuim hi site and im having the same problems that people on Ballymun are having!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭johncorleone

Well im on the artuim hi site and im having the same problems that people on Ballymun are having!

Well then ring them up and complain or PM "The Wise Man" (What kind of company has such a poor support service that you have to resort to having to PM an unidentified member of staff on an internet forum to fix anything?). *sigh*. This thread is in relation to problems on the Ballymun mast.

Well it diverged into the problems the blanch masts had as they are linked to the ballymun masts. They are the only masts that have problems the rest of the IBB network seems fine!

Well it diverged into the problems the blanch masts had as they are linked to the ballymun masts. They are the only masts that have problems the rest of the IBB network seems fine!

AFAICS the only thing which links the Ballymun and Blanch masts is the fact that the separate backhauls from them is not enough to take the number of users connected. Users are having the same problems (Packet loss, poor bandwidth performance, high latency) but the two problems are independent. Fixing one of these backhaul problems will have no effect on the other. Perhaps the thread should be renamed to "Problems on IBB backhaul links". ;-)

• Advertisement

Perhaps it should but i cant change that it needs the mod of the forum to do that. But it hasent been a problem discussing it before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silent Assasin

Just had the most infuriation phone call with IBB there and the guy was adamant that the speed was ok now....

He also that If im getting pings of around 100ms then thats ok....

Ive already said that didnt want to cancel the contract as it is excellent when it works...But Im sick of their crap service, crap customer service and crap speeds.

If nothing is done by the end of the week im going to smart !

Wise man Ive sent you a PM can you help me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭K1

In reply to all of the above.! I was impressed with IBB when they started, out I signed up straight away,I learnt my lesson!!
    I live no more than 500m from thier Ballymun Mast They sent me out a ripwave modem <I couldnt get a signal not even a yellow light. I changed then to thier breeze option, this is sure to be fine I thought, IBB assured me they HAD DONE a line of sight test and there was a PERFECT signal at my house.. The engineers arrived to install it, got out of thier van & said you hav'nt a hope of getting a signal here.. No signal test nothing.. I dont know if it is relevent or not but it was pissin rain that day! I think it is relevent considering you can SEE the mast from my back garden never mind up on the roof!!! I got a refund needless to say after about 10 phone calls. I found their staff the most ignorant (incluging Eircom, & that saying something), refusing to take calls or return calls and in no way willing to answer any of the queries put to them.. Their main aim is to sign you up regardless of whether the service is available to you or not , probobly by some suit looking to reach sales figures..
    My advice is to get them to take it back ( if the service is constantly below stated specs. then it is a breach of contract on thier side & they can not punish you for cancelling) & go with the Smart Telecom offer if its available on your exchange!!!

Cr8or wrote:
    I have had this problem for a long time .. last 2 months its been on and off like this .... I called them two or three times .. first time i got no response or ticket even opened!!!! .. second time (today) i was told that they have a recurring issue with the mast. strange thing is they say my radio signal strength is fine?

Anyone know what the clauses are when breaking out of the 12 months contract down to poor quality of service?

ps:

im downloading at a min of 5 k/s and a max of 12-13 k/s ( from IIB's ftp server )

Reply from 193.120.123.137: bytes=32 time=195ms TTL=56
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 193.120.123.137: bytes=32 time=156ms TTL=56
    Reply from 193.120.123.137: bytes=32 time=160ms TTL=56
    Its very simple if they are not providing the service to the spec. they advertised it is a breach of contract on thier behalf & they can not punish you for cancelling.. Cancel you direct debit with your bank , Inform IBB in writing physical letter by registered post, telling them you are no longer using thier service & THEIR equipment can be collected from your premises at thier expense & at a time that suits you... That the end of it there is no more they can do, but for you own argument keep a record of performance over different dates, letters sent & calls made..The Smart Telecom offer seems the best & it should make them all stand up & pay attention to customer needs

To activate the link requires a licence from Commreg this will be in place on Tuesday coming so it is just a matter of routing traffic through it then, To activate the link before they get approval would be a big no no.

They tell you on the phone that speeds are alright now and The Wise Man says the above so I dunno.. If it keeps up their going to lose a lot of customers the questions is do they really care ? Some how I dont think so.

But I for one will wait until tomorrow to see if its back up..

Just had the most infuriation phone call with IBB there and the guy was adamant that the speed was ok now....

He also that If im getting pings of around 100ms then thats ok....

Ive already said that didnt want to cancel the contract as it is excellent when it works...But Im sick of their crap service, crap customer service and crap speeds.

If nothing is done by the end of the week im going to smart !

Wise man Ive sent you a PM can you help me ?

Will go with smart myself Silent Assasin only problem with that is Smart haven't gone live yet, March/April is the date Santry Ave exchange is meant to be up and running but somehow I doubt that as well.

IBB is excellent when it works but tbh out of the six months I have it installed I reckon I've got maybe two months good connection out of it if even that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

what is going on!!! my line is still b0rked up .. anyone else think this is a joke gone wrong?

ps .. i ordered smart today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Wise man

Sorry to hear about your issues with IBB K1 as you may know im involved with IBB and would like to something to rectify the suitation or at least make sure it never happens again could you PM me your name and Ill make sure you get an explanation ,what really bothers me is that you can see the mast and they said " you wont get it " without even trying. Yet again appologies lets try and get to the bottom of this thanks.

Well today is another magic date the comreg licence should be in place so what time do you think we should see any improvements wise man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

When I was onto support the other day.. They requested a screen shot of me downloading a file .. Anyone got any ideas why this would be required to escalate a ticket?

• Advertisement

Cr8or wrote:
    When I was onto support the other day.. They requested a screen shot of me downloading a file .. Anyone got any ideas why this would be required to escalate a ticket?

Because they don't seem to have any idea how to troubleshoot user problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

so how's it looking today?

has our 'upgrade' happened yet?

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I've held of PM'ing Wise Man until i see what happens today. Its gonna be a race between IBB improving service and esat providing 1mb :o

Im kinda in the same boat as ive now discovered that I can now get NTL in my area!

SpooN_9k wrote:
    so how's it looking today?

has our 'upgrade' happened yet?

:mad:
    I wouldn't say so ... I'm currently getting 15-20k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well i sent a Pm and no reply, and like I have said before we can see the atruim mast from the hall door.

Cr8or wrote:
    sounds to me that they just don't believe you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Well its 6pm now and still nothing more than 30k for me.
    What time is it supposed to be turned on at?

Shiny wrote:
    Well its 6pm now and still nothing more than 30k for me.
    What time is it supposed to be turned on at?
    never never never ripwave me arse rip it out!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Thaed wrote:
    Well i sent a Pm and no reply, and like I have said before we can see the atruim mast from the hall door.

Can see the atruim mast from my hall door too.

Getting 40-50k speed but its inconsistant.
    wrote:
    Tracing route to boards.ie [82.195.144.58]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 83.141.64.x
    2 33 ms 26 ms 29 ms 83.141.64.x
    3 9 ms 4 ms 5 ms 62.231.52.149
    4 31 ms 49 ms 121 ms dn03-tallaght-fe-1-3-1-30.irishbroadband.ie [62.231.32.145]
    5 177 ms 65 ms 10 ms 62.231.52.229
    6 31 ms 9 ms 11 ms suez.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.1]
    7 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms kiel.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.3]
    8 12 ms 10 ms 10 ms pie.boards.ie [82.195.144.58]

Trace complete.

tracert boards.ie

2 190 ms 206 ms 300 ms 83.141.64.x
    3 235 ms 254 ms 32 ms 62.231.52.149
    4 295 ms 402 ms 215 ms dn03-tallaght-fe-1-3-1-30.irishbroadband.ie [62.
    231.32.145]
    5 13 ms 9 ms 18 ms 62.231.52.229
    6 10 ms 13 ms 12 ms suez.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.1]
    7 516 ms 454 ms 553 ms kiel.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.3]
    8 191 ms 168 ms 99 ms pie.boards.ie [82.195.144.58]

Trace complete.

tracert boards.ie

2 6 ms 3 ms 15 ms 83.141.64.x
    3 63 ms 46 ms 91 ms 62.231.52.149
    4 71 ms 52 ms 87 ms dn03-tallaght-fe-1-3-1-30.irishbroadband.ie [62.
    231.32.145]
    5 48 ms 16 ms 24 ms 62.231.52.229
    6 22 ms 34 ms 9 ms suez.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.1]
    7 11 ms 9 ms 23 ms kiel.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.3]
    8 25 ms 11 ms 12 ms pie.boards.ie [82.195.144.58]

Trace complete.

Advertisement