Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom

Options
  • 08-02-2005 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Smart Telecom:
    What are there costs like compared to Eircom?
    anyone have any trouble with them?
    Would people suggest moving?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

for a phone service or internet service (or both) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I've signed up. I'll report back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

phone

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

For those interested, their Internet connectivity is maybe 1/4 the price of eircom and technically superior. They have brought cheap broadband to areas outside of Dublin. For that reason I would tend to support their phone service.... provided someone can give positive feedback on their phone service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

we moved from Eircom for their phone service

not much cheaper

we were billed incorrectly on our most recent bill but paid anyway, figuring that non-payment would lead to the usual automated demand letters etc.

so we emailed them last week explaining the situation and requested a refund of the difference. No reponse.

Follow-up email sent - no reponse

Two messages left on their "answering service" - no response.

Get the picture?
    These guys are worse than Eircom - at least you can ring Eircom and explain things.

Typical inefficient service and the usual call-centre mentality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Well I moved to them about a year ago and have never had any problem with them. I just wish eircoms marketing dept would bugger off and leave me alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I switched from Eircom to Smart for both phone and Internet (dial up) services. I was subscribed to Eircoms flat rate package for dial up users which went astray when I switched to Smart (and shouldn't have). I was also billed twice for the same line rental period. The average waiting time to get through to their call centre is about 20 minutes. After many frustrating calls, I resorted to writing to their CEO to get things sorted. On the plus side calls to other Smart customers are free. I think if they sorted their call centre problems, the service would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bob90909

Waylander wrote:
    Well I moved to them about a year ago and have never had any problem with them. I just wish eircoms marketing dept would bugger off and leave me alone!
    Phew!!! At least theres some hope, I just signed up for their offer and its due to be connected in the next couple of weeks. I was starting to think I may have made a mistake!

Advertisement