Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You rather see AC/DC indoor or at slane?

Options
  • 08-02-2005 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Just Wondering...
    I personally hate outdoor concerts and frankly AC/DC are the only band that would bring me to Slane, but i would rather they played the Point and then the Oddesy, it would be more intimate and a better atmosphere i think.

What about you?

Would You rather see AC/DC at Slane or indoor? 23 votes

Slane
    0%
    Indoor (Point and Oddessy)
    100%
    Lemmingthe_sycosicklecournioniJohnny_the_foxNeMiSiSE@gle.ScabbyLegCrucifixohandelsweemcdMorrigantoffodavkavetherJC 2K3SmellyirishmanMr. CooL ICECorruptedmoralsRozabeez 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It depends. I'd much prefer outdoors to somewhere like the Point. The sound quality in my experience is usually better outdoors, and although there's the threat of rain, I'll take that over the sweaty sandwich indoors.
    But Slane could mean getting a ticket would be more of a bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

AC/DC outside...

<get AC/DC stiff upper lip - a good example>

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AC/DC, and a few nice supporting acts... at Slane... cool.

Think of the amount of people there! At the Point, there'd be a limit, but at Slane, it would be friggin great! HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

slane any day of the year

especially the last day of summer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Slane ... it's got to be Slane.

AC/DC in front of 80,000 people!!! Come on ... is there any question?!!!

For those about to rock .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Did you see the live at donington dvd? that was outside and it rocked! I would love to see them anywhere! But outside gets my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

AC/DC at Slane thank you very much all the way please!!! That thought really gets my juices flowing. :D

Oh yeah ..... I'm on the highway to hell!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Slane all the way... Better sound, more people. And its only a couple of miles... sorry kilometres down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Never been to slane
    .yeah yeahh go on laugh :)...I dunno not keen on outdoor gigs love arenas great sound better view and still a big crowd and great atmosphere. Having said that not being an ACDC fan - Ive recently beagn to like some of their stuff, which we will be playing in our set and yeahhhh I like em!...From what Ive seeen their veryyyy goood at outside gigs....so I suppose in THAT case ACDC should go to slane - why dont you rocking kings get after slane to bring them over???...instead of those chilli muppets ughh talk about average!!

Wish those muppets who run slane would get RUSH over Id be there a weekk early never mind the night before laughs

ciao' amigos,,,Baggio,,,,,,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Slane would definitely be better, for serveral reasons:
    • "The more, the merrier" as the hackneyed phrase goes. The capacity for the point is 8500. Slane can accomodate 80,000.
    • An all day outdoor gig would be more exciting , more of an event, i reckon.
    • The Point generally sucks as a venue - especially if you are not up near the front, whereas Slane has that natural amphitheatre thing going on, so you can be right at the back and still have an OK view.
    • Slane is more atmospheric and stuff...
    imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

It would be better outside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

hehe i came onto this thread and was gonna say indoors, but after reading the posts, ill definitly agree with outdoors... AC/DC are an outdoors band... live at donington, and stiff upper lip are proof
    AND i saw them outdoors in summer 2003 when i was in canada.... They played sarsfest.... it was the experience of a lifetime.... acdc and rolling stones, playing to 490,000 people... amen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

outdoor pretty please,as in donnington dvd cant get more rocking!but on down side i think once again our dreams for slane having a decent headline act are fooked,heard this morning on radio that muppet eminem is set to be announced for slane! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not eminem

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Heh... I can imagine the kind of crowd that would attract to Slane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

no point in wishing about AC/DC at Slane supported by other quality rock bands, as it is not going to happen

Today FM announced it over the past few days - since they are the ****heads that started this "petition"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

At slane without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Is the stage in The Point big enough for an inflatable Rosie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭powerage22

Would love to see them at Slane.... 80,000 people headbanging to angus and the boys would be sweet.

Spose it'll be some crap like eminem *spit* this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

no i doubt they would bring the hells bell or rosie or that cannon to the point!

• Advertisement
Advertisement