Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Range in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-02-2005 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been reading all your posts over the past few weeks and desided to jump into the pool with you all.

Im a keen shooter and have a small collection of arms, which i fought tooth and nail to get from the super. as the poor man has just retired i cant help but feel my non ending questions and phone calls to him didnt make his last few years any easier :D

I am now looking to test my toes with the new super to see if he is abit more understanding, about gun ownership.

I have recieved a pistol number from ardee sports and now i need to tell my local station where i want to shoot it. I really want to get into range work both with rifle and pistol, but im not sure if anywhere in the south is set up as a recognised pistol range (garda wise)

Can anyone help with this? is the mid lands allowing pistol shooting?

I also want to know if ardee sports have the go ahead to import pistols from the DOJ? I dont think they have so why give out numbers?

Thanks for all the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

I think midland rifle club have a pistol range but you need to be member to shoot on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Yes we have a garda approved pistol range at midlands , you will have to join and pass the pistol safety course before you can shoot pistol on our range though . and you may have a number from ardee but they havent got any guns in yet ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

oldzed wrote:
    Yes we have a garda approved pistol range at midlands , you will have to join and pass the pistol safety course before you can shoot pistol on our range though . and you may have a number from ardee but they havent got any guns in yet ...........

Thanks for the help oldzed. Am i right in saying that the membership is closed at the min for the midlands range? How long dose the pistol safty course take? I have shot pistols in the US and with the good old FCA, its great to see we are finally being treated as adults even if the powers that be are just weening us off the bottle :)

So is my pistol number is useless? i`ll have to look into getting a number from NI so.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Chem, If you are interested in joining N.I.T.S.A {Newry } membership is open, although it may be to far to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi les Newry is only up the road from me. Can you send me more info? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Send me a PM I will pass on all info

Advertisement